Nid Tervigon

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Nid Tervigon

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 am

If you were dead set on taking a list like:

Tervigon
Tervigon

Termaguants
Termaguants
Termaguants
Tervigon
Tervigon
Tervigon

Give all the Tervigons catalyst and either glands or toxic so the guants they spawn can kill stuff. What else would you put in the list for 1850???

There is about 775 left to spend in 1850
1425 pts left if this was a ard boys list
1175 in a gladiator list

What in your opinion would make this list more competitive not just funny?
YeezyMozart

Postby Redbeard » Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 am

Could you take more tervigons and termagaunts perhaps?

On a more serious note, I'd want to pick my anti-tank options first, there are lots of tanks about these days. Zoeys in pods might work well with this list, as the same guns that scare them are needed to handle the huge hordes of gaunts or the tervigons.

(Meaning, the S8+ weapons need to then choose between hitting zoeys and hitting tervigons, while massed small-arms-fire needs to choose between shooting the termagaunts or the zoeys)

Dropping a pod of them should be able to take out whatever tank you need dead, and any fire spend on getting rid of them isn't being used on the units you're advancing up the field.

A unit of tyrant guard could fill a second elite slot, giving you a source of more reliable (no reserve roll) fire, and can be hidden.

After that, maybe a trygon, as a huge CC threat that further divides your opponent's anti-MC fire?
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby n00bzilla99 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:10 pm

I'd add Hive Guard, a Tyrannofex, a Trygon, and a unit of Zoanthropes. That would be my suggestions.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:23 pm

dang bro thats alot of gaunts pouring out of those suckers. I would need to call the Orkin man verses that craziness. Still very neet concept. I am total anti-bug, but seeing that kind of potental of troop spam makes orks look weak.

These other guys have your good options. I myself would just sit back and think of a way to try and squash your bugs all up to 90 of them you can summon every round.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby Chubs » Thu May 13, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm telling you... seriously....

6 biovore + 9 Hive Guard and more guants for bodies.

The 9 hive guard can be FNP via Tervigon given a cover save/ screen from the gaunts. The 18 S8 shots aren't bad either.

Bio-vors can play hell for infantry armies. Move and fire or stand and barrage. They sling Large blast around like it's going out of style. Splatter house (yeah neo-geo!)

What's critical though about the vors and the hiveguard is they don't NEED a psychic test. Hood, Runes, staff, Shadows, and all sorts of Psychic defenses can suck the fun out of the Podding Zones.

Consistant fire power... 5 baby mama's, 18 S8 shots, 6 Infantry clearers.

Either that or get 3 Trygons.
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 am

I'd look at this list and immediately wonder how you will pop transports and vehicles? Will the Guard sit back and shoot the Tervigons one at a time, waiting until the Gaunts get close enough to drive forward and heavy flamer every thing in sight?

Then I thought wow this would be trouble for my foot Eldar, but then realized that Doom + Guide + Shuriken = massive gaunt death.

In both lists the enemy army is sitting back and ready to dictate the terms of the first fear turns. The enemy is on easy street for turns 1-3. I think you need to remove easy street and that means Tyranid disruption. Lictors or Ymgarl Stealers are the silent threat to easy street. They put a fear into your enemy and a chance to affect the game immediately and without an enemy response; Ymgarls more so than Lictors.

I'd add in a unit of Ymgarls for sure. Then I'd go with a big unit of Gargoyles and 1-2 Harpy's. The Gargoyles represent an immediate threat to the enemy and the Harrpy's can zoom up behind them to immediately threaten the enemy to. If you don't want Harpy's then Ravaners are a poorman's second choice. Finally I'd top it off with a Heavy choice TMC depending on your previous choices. If you took Lictors in the Elite slot, the a Mawloc would fit in nicely with that unit. If you took Ymgarls, then a Trygon is the way to go.

6- Ymgarls = 138pts
20 gargoyles = 120pts
2 - Harpy's = 320pts (I think)
1 - Trygon = 200pts

I think this is real close to 775pts.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby YeezyMozart » Sun May 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Thank you guys for the input I really appreciated it.

I am really likeing Cubs idea of the 9 hive guard thats sweet! :D

However, I really like using the Ymgarls as a distraction unit that the opponent can't really stop.

But I am hearing a lot about trygons and after thinking about it I think they are a great option to soak up some of the fire power from the tervigons.

Thanks guys
YeezyMozart

Return to Army Lists (40K)