2500 ard boyz Chaos army

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

2500 ard boyz Chaos army

Postby moonshadow13 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

I have been trying to work up a flexable yet all out attacking force for this ard boyz tournament coming up using chaos. So i figured i would post it and see what you all thought. I am playing up in wisconsin so i won't see 99.9% of you most likely.

Daemon Prince - 200
mark of Tzeentch
wings
warptime
bolt of change

Daemon Prince - 200
mark of Tzeentch
wings
warptime
bolt of change

Defiler- 150
(drop heavy flamer)
add extra close combat weapon

Defiler- 150
(drop heavy flamer)

Defiler- 150
(drop heavy flamer)

Dreadnaught- 125
extra armor
plasma cannon
heavy flamer

Dreadnaught- 125
extra armor
plasma cannon
heavy flamer

Dreadnaught- 125
extra armor
plasma cannon
heavy flamer

Plague Marines ( 8 )
Plague champion
(2) melta guns
power fist
( With Dedicated Transport)
Rhino- 70
daemonic possession
havoc launcher

Plague Marines ( 8 )
Plague champion
(2) melta guns
power fist
Rhino- 70
daemonic possession
havoc launcher

Plague Marines ( 8 )
Plague champion
melta bomb
(2) plasma guns
power blade
Rhino- 70
daemonic possession
havoc launcher

Plague Marines ( 8 )
Plague champion
melta bomb
(2) plasma guns
power blade
Rhino- 70
daemonic possession
havoc launcher

I still have 9 pts left over and i will probably throw it somewhere into the marines. So what do you think?
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby Crumpsky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Looks fun, is your plan to rush the defilers in and have the plague marines being up the rear? Did you not want to take lash princes? I think you could use that ability to get units into assault range for the defilers.
Crumpsky

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:37 am

Yes to having them all assault. I was looking at lash oringinally, but then just though the bolt of change with the 24" range str 8 ap 1 would come in handy till i got up and close. I was considering actually taking out the Reaper Auto cannon and leaving in the heavy flammer as it will be a move 6 and shoot either the battle cannon at long range or the other weapon at short.

Yes to plague marines following behind. I was thinking of making them all plasma gunners shooting 2 at 24" every round, but the points didnt work out as i know i will need power fists at some point. That and melta guns are FTW :).

As this army puts out 8 big things you have to shoot at i feel i can get into anyone with aceptable losses. The 4+ invul on the princes should help matters too. If i go against a turn 2 army i just put it all in reserve as if anything wants to get close to my board edge is in for a world of hurt.

I guess my big question is does the ruling that the closest person in the dreadnaught firing arc apply in this tournament. Rather than the closest unit. I know most stores are using alot of the INAC FAQs for reference. I guess i will need to check the store i am playingat to be sure.

Watching you Space marine/imperial players play i noted that you have at least 4 troops or squads in vehicles. I figured 4-8 mans with FNP should work out nicely. Just have to put together the army now and as i am playing up in Wisconsin hopefully the dice roll in my favor and i end up at the bunker in the end.

Goood luck to you if your in the ard boyz tournament as well.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Return to Army Lists (40K)