Help Building a Death Korps Infantry list

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Help Building a Death Korps Infantry list

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:08 am

Team,

I'd like to start this summer on my Death Korps army. Question is how do I make a fun fluffy list of mainly infantry that still is somewhat competitive. Elements that I really want to include are:

- Rough Riders
- Artillery (I'll model up griffons, medusas, etc. as artillery pieces that were towed)
- Lots of infantry
- Potentially hellhound varient (I figure lots o' flames would be theme)

I can always use a character like Al'Raheim or Creed and make a Death Korps equivalent.

Targeting a 1850 list to start.

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Redbeard » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32 am

For a fluffy death-korp meat-grinder approach, why not try making Chenkov list with recyclable conscripts. (well, other than the possibility that fielding 50 3-point models at $10 each might be prohibitive).

I think Chenkov's approach fits the Death Korp better than any of the other special chars though. "Throw enough men at the problem and it will go away"
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby n00bzilla99 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Go with Platoons of guys that use a lot of heavy weapons like Mortar and make use of things that create blasts for the Death Korps. Griffons and Medusas are good, and Rough Riders are great as well, model them on steeds like the Death Riders.

I'd advise against Chenkov and the Conscripts, it's unfeasible as well as not worth it, Conscripts just aren't worth it, and Krieg wouldn't really do lots of suicide charges. They prefer long range bombardments and mopping up unarmed and surrendering enemies.

A good character for DKoK would probably be a Creed stand in for that "Supreme Leader" type of guy.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Redbeard » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Wouldn't do suicide charges?? Have you read Siege of Vraks? The whole thing is a big suicide charge. They treat their men like their bullets, just a resource to get used up.

I'm not convinced that a Chenkov army is a dead-end. I'd playtest it a few times, but it seems like there's some potential in having a huge reusable buffer unit.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby n00bzilla99 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Redbeard wrote:Wouldn't do suicide charges?? Have you read Siege of Vraks? The whole thing is a big suicide charge. They treat their men like their bullets, just a resource to get used up.

I'm not convinced that a Chenkov army is a dead-end. I'd playtest it a few times, but it seems like there's some potential in having a huge reusable buffer unit.

Chenkov is a waste of points in my honest opinion. Maybe ok in a fluff list, but otherwise him and conscripts are just a big waste of points and Kill points.

The codex describes DKoK as an artillery loving regiment who frequently sit and bombard an enemy into oblivion.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Return to Army Lists (40K)