1500 chaos walker army

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1500 chaos walker army

Postby moonshadow13 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm

I was working on some neat ideas to add a whole new type of fighting style units as i play plague marines as well as eldar. With the new rule clarifications with dreadnaughts they just became useful again.

My army idea was:

3- dreadnaughts w/ plasma cannon and heavy flammers
110 each for 330

3 defilers with havoc launcher

155 each for 465

2 base chaos lords with power fist and mark of nurgle

135 each for 270

2-7 man plague marine squads with (2) melta guns in rhinos (hq will ride along too in each one)

Ya sure its light on troops, but with 6 walkers with heavey weapons i can basically rip into a army be it mechanized or hoarde. I should do well vs daemon armies too as only a certain number of them can even hurt me.

I just wanted to create something i have naver played before. an all out attack army. i could even go turn 2 and sit out if i am not starting the game and let me opponet shoot at nothing till i start coming on the board and getting my shots off first.

My whole purpose is to not give a crap about counters just kill every thing you got so you cant claim nothing either.

This is one of those Just for fun armies. I wanted to come up with an army where i throw everything at you at once and counter alot of those new FOTM armies with casters that focus on morale or spells that outright kill models that are not vehicles.

I figured 6 walker vehicles with daemonic possession and some boys just for fun could be hilarious especially for armies that sit back and shoot. Then the ones that charge get to taste a ton of anti infantry weapons that instant kill for the most part. You can possition the Dreadnaughts so that the closest thing in their frontal firing arch is the enemy. Any thoughts?
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby chicagophil » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 pm

-Moony -

I am pretty sure Chaos walkers will turn and fire on friendly models, that is why this most likely isn't getting much attention. They are hella fun though.
chicagophil

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 am

nope the rules have changed its who they are faceing in ther 45 degree arc so you can face nothing and become sane or just make sure your 45 degree arc is facing the enemy and you get to shoot them twice.

Found out that little tid bit at Adepticon during the team tournamnet. Its in the FAQs. Basically they just became fun to play again :).

moonshadow13

Postby CitizenNick » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:37 am

moonshadow13 wrote:nope the rules have changed its who they are faceing in ther 45 degree arc so you can face nothing and become sane or just make sure your 45 degree arc is facing the enemy and you get to shoot them twice.

Found out that little tid bit at Adepticon during the team tournamnet. Its in the FAQs. Basically they just became fun to play again :).

I think this list would be fun to play. In fact, I'm tempted to run something similar.

Just curious, to which FAQ you are refering?
CitizenNick

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 pm

The Inac FAQ from adeptus. Its listed with the chaos info and its the first one on the list.

Basically it took an unpredictable unit and corrected its ability as it is written word from word. I was going to run something simular as i dont have all the models painted or put together yet. I am tempted to create a 2500 version for ard boys as reguardless of the out come this would just be a blast to play as unlike most vehicle armies they all move at you and still shoot you so you will be on the defence the whole time trying to weather the storm and avoid the "vehicles that hit back" :).

Still dreadnaughts can get stunned so that takes out some of the fun.

moonshadow13

Postby Turtle » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 pm

so put on extra armor?
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:42 pm

true, but that adds 15 pts each and the list is tightly done as it is. Still its a good point and i will have to see what i can do to work it into the list.

Good call Turtle.

moonshadow13

Postby Crumpsky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm

I would have to agree with turtle, if you want your vehicle to keep moving you need extra armor.
Crumpsky

Return to Army Lists (40K)