2000pt Wolves

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

2000pt Wolves

Postby Crumpsky » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:19 pm

After doing a lot of list building and looking through other lists and such I have decided on this as my 1850 list. Its build around Mech SW with some extra gubbins.

Here is the list

2x Runepriest
Chooser

5x 5 Grey Hunters-165
Flamer
Mark of the Wulfen
Razorback
TLLC

3x Land Speeder Typhoon

2x 5 Long Fangs
2 ML
2 LC
Razorback
Heavy Bolters
Hunter Killer Missile

1x 5 Long Fangs
2 ML
2 LC

Now when I eventually go on to 2000 I will probably add some wolf scouts, but what do you guys think so far? Pretty much I would sit back and pound away at the enemy, I added MoW to the Grey Hunters squads because doing some play testing 5 GH dont have a big punch in combat (this was against berzerkers mind you :lol: ) , I felt that the extra attacks with rending might be able to help.

Thoughts? Constructive Criticism?
Last edited by Crumpsky on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crumpsky

2k Wolves

Postby Crumpsky » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:26 am

Tweaked the list today after playing against the new BA.

Ragnar

Rune Priest
Plasma Pistol
Wolf Tooth Necklace

4 Wolf Guard
(Pack Leaders for GH)
4x Power Fist
4x Combi Weapon

5x 5 Grey Hunters
Flamer
Razor Back
TLLC

9 Grey Hunters
Melta Gun
Wolf Standard
Power Fist
Rhino

3x Land Speeder Typhoon

2x 5 Long Fangs
4x Missile Launcher

I may change the heavy support to two vindicators instead of the two squads of long fangs. Anyone think that is a good idea? With this edition I feel that str 10 pie plate will be able to do a lot more damage than the missiles.
Crumpsky

Postby wolfpack » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 pm

I would go ahead and add the last LF pack member...you have the option to have 5 LF and then the squad leader...2ML 2HB and a plascannon in one of your squads has a nice kill rate...I have used it against DA and smurfs...with some good results...as long as yer not inclined to rolling ones ...LMAO

only thing i see wrong with the vins versus the missles is range..and if you put yer fangs in Razor backs with twin link las or las and plasma guns...it gives you that much more punch

other than that looks good...

although I wouldn't use 5 man combat teams ...hunters work better in large packs
My sons hunt our enemies slay them where they stand and bring their pelts back to my halls
wolfpack

Return to Army Lists (40K)