Nemesis strike force ruling.

AdeptiCon 2016 will be held March 31st - April 3rd, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention enter. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Nemesis strike force ruling.

Postby Frankthetank » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:49 pm

I understand the ruling that says if a unit from the Nemesis strike force is placed in a Drop Pod (Buddy Pod) the still follow the rules for drop pod assault. Ignore the rites of teleportation.. Does this also mean that unit that arrives via buddy pod cannot run and shoot? I agree completely with the Drop pod assault rules being in forced. With that said the unit still arrived Via deep strike following that drop pod assault rules and should be able to use the special rule of run and shoot or shoot and run the turn they arrive VIA deep strike. Just wanted some clarification before I paint up the rest of my army :D
Gary Frank

-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?
Frankthetank

Re: Nemesis strike force ruling.

Postby DCannon4Life » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:55 am

Recommend you submit this to the AdeptiCon FaQ

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17SZHWw ... E/viewform

My personal, unofficial, take is that the unit entering play via drop pod is still a member of the formation, with access to all formation bonuses. The only thing I can think of that would change that is if the unit gains access to run/shoot ONLY after using Rites of Teleportation to enter play. If that is the case, then the unit forfeits run/shoot because it did not use Rites of Teleportation to enter play.
DCannon4Life

Re: Nemesis strike force ruling.

Postby Frankthetank » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:47 am

Thanks submitted...

The rule for run and shoot is under the rites of teleportation but reads as follows..

All units from this formation can both run and shoot, in any order, in the same turn they arrive from Deep Strike reserve.

The ability to come in on turn one is null and void due to the pod not having rites of teleportation agree 100%

But the unit inside still arrived from deep strike reserve it does not say a unit from the is formation with the Deep Strike special rule may run and shoot the turn they arrive from deep strike. But I can understand how the ruling may go.. Just hope not because of all the purifiers I have painted for the con :D
Gary Frank

-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?
Frankthetank

Return to AdeptiCon 2016