AdeptiCon 2015 Event Submission Now Open!

AdeptiCon 2016 will be held March 31st - April 3rd, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention enter. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

AdeptiCon 2015 Event Submission Now Open!

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 pm

In conjunction with the move to the new venue, development has begun behind the scenes as we prepare to kick AdeptiCon 2015 planning into full gear. One of the more significant changes in the coming year will be regarding how we handle demos, event games and smaller tournaments. In the past, space restrictions forced us to micromanage these events so that they all fit within the hotel and made sense with regards to the schedule. We will no longer have this problem at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center...we have the space...and we need more games! We are looking for a few good game masters to run demos, historical events, specialty games, board games, and anything else that makes sense!

AdeptiCon 2015 Event Submission is now open to the public. If you are interested in running an event, please take the time to look over the form and get it submitted as soon as possible. Some things to keep in mind:

• Space and schedules are limited. Events that are new to AdeptiCon should be scaled appropriately to justify inclusion in the schedule based on space required and realistic attendance expectations. AdeptiCon will work with you to properly scale your event.
  • AdeptiCon reserves the right to refuse any event submission due to content or schedule/space saturation.
  • All required fields <b>MUST BE</b> fully completed when submitting this form. Incomplete submissions or submissions with placeholders will not be accepted.
  • Spell check your event descriptions!
  • Event Submission will close at 5PM CDT on October 3rd, 2014.
  • You will receive an email after the schedule has been resolved in mid-October with your scheduling details.
  • If you have any questions, please get in touch!
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Re: AdeptiCon 2015 Event Submission Now Open!

Postby Redbeard » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I've been thinking of a different approach to 40k, running something like a MtG draft.

Basic concept: Eight players, miniatures provided.

The TO (me) will provide a selection of pre-made units. The players will then draft units, make an army (1500 points) out of the units they drafted, and then play a 3-round tournament. For the purpose of the event, all models drafted would count as battle brothers with each other.

Does this sound at all interesting to anyone else?

Not sure about what day or time would be best - is that something that you guys would be able to help with?
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby cjputrich » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 am

Redbeard - sounds cool! How would that work though if you draft units from different armies and aren't familiar with a particular codex?
40k Armies
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Angels

Other Games
Fantasy - Skaven
Warmachine - Khador
X-Wing
Infinity - Ariadna
cjputrich

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:01 am

Redbeard - Currently Friday is sort of the alternative 40K day. Thursday has the Champs and Saturday/Sunday is the Team Tournament. Friday will mainly consist of one-off and alternative 40K events - Combat Patrol, Warzone, Horus Hersey. If you are interested in submitting an event along these lines - I'd aim for Friday. Anytime should work.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Redbeard » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Matthias wrote:...
[list][*]Space and schedules are limited. Events that are new to AdeptiCon should be scaled appropriately to justify inclusion in the schedule based on space required and realistic attendance expectations. AdeptiCon will work with you to properly scale your event.[*]AdeptiCon reserves the right to refuse any event submission due to content or schedule/space saturation
[*]....
[*]You will receive an email after the schedule has been resolved in mid-October with your scheduling details.

If I did not receive an email in mid-October, does that mean my event was not accepted?

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby RichN » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 pm

No events have been rejected without contacting the event organizer. What is the name of the event you submitted? I thought I had contacted everyone with non 40K/FOW/WFB/PP events, although it's very possible I missed your submission when it came in.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Redbeard » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:57 pm

The event was the 40k draft, I got an email from you confirming a few details, but I thought there would be something more official, along the lines of getting an assigned date/time.

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby RichN » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:15 pm

We are still working on the official event placement.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Return to AdeptiCon 2016