Adepticon 2015 Thoughts?

AdeptiCon 2016 will be held March 31st - April 3rd, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention enter. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Adepticon 2015 Thoughts?

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 pm

So we have new rules for 40k! With all the potential madness, I was wondering what people had in mind for being permitted in the various 40k events?

For Exterminatus, or whatever it may be named next year, I might recommend either 2250 or 2500 points, and completely anything goes like the rulebook permits us (with Forgeworld units permitted). The slight D nerf helps out a bunch, and having multiple Combined Arms detachments or just pure Unbound would (hopefully) bring a huge variety pack of awesomeness to the table. So someone if inclined could take Necrons, Chaos, and Orks, and potentially have a Transcendant C'tan, a Brass Scorpion, and a Stompa.....and probably not much else :) But for that event I think that is appropriate.

For the Team Tournament perhaps each player can field up to 1 Combined Arms detachment, 1 Allied detachment, and up to 1 Inquisitorial detachment per team.

For the Championships, I think up to 2 Combined Arms detachments and 1 Allied detachment would be good. Perhaps even Unbound there too, to allow for Formations, and of course testing the lack of Objective Secured vs those wise veteran players who would have that rule working for them. Again, 1 Inquisitorial detachment per army I think is good.

Any thoughts thus far? I know it's early, but what else do I have to think about right now?
Lord Krungharr

Re: Adepticon 2015 Thoughts?

Postby muwhe » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Nathan,

With the arrival of 7th edition, the 40k side of AdeptiCon has been in discussion both internally and with other event organizers to layout some formats. We certainly have some ideas, but it is still early. Honestly, we have been pretty quiet about it for a reason. We would like 7th edition to stretch its legs a bit, let people kick the tires, and develop the ways they want to play this edition. We know all too well that how we set the format for AdeptiCon will have a direct and immediate impact on the way people prepare, play and interact with this edition. Time enough for that but for the time being wanting the community to break 7th in a bit.

However, given the number of AdeptiCon 40k events and the space available for 2015 you can bet that if there is a format that can be run, there is a good chance AdeptiCon will have an event for it.

But it is not like we have just been sitting around. In the meantime, we have been squarely focused on a number of operational items for AdeptiCon 2015, namely our fantastic new venue more than doubling the space for Adepticon this year, a new webcart , additional events, and expanded options for our attendees and staff.

It is going to be an exciting year, definitely looking forward to continuing hearing peoples experiences and thoughts 7th.

Thanks

Hank
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:47 am

I was wondering why it was going back to Schaumburg... good to hear it needs more space.

The Bunker closed, my local store closed, it's getting tough to get 7th edition games under some of our belts; but plenty of time remains :)

Looking forward to seeing what unfolds!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Ski-Matic » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Well there are 221 days till Adepticon 2015. Can not wait. Hotel room reserved (check). Me and my best friend will be attending for the first time and looking to get in on some 2v2 tourneys. We are just wondering when we will see what the schedule and tournament's will be for this new venue. Do we have a time frame to be looking at before tickets go on sell. I do know with 7th there is a lot to take in account. Where just trying to plan are trip and what to bring and not to bring for tourney play.

Any feed back would be great.
Ski-Matic

Postby muwhe » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 am

Ski-Matic,

First glad you will be joining us! Traditionally, the AdeptiCon webcart goes live and tickets go on sale around last week in Oct / first week in Nov. We have a lot of changes to account for this year including a new back end for registration but I expect that the launch will still be in that time frame. Tickets usually go quick especially for the major events. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Hank
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Return to AdeptiCon 2016