Page 1 of 1

Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 am
by Redbeard
From the warzone rules:

"NOTE: Scenarios and Special Rules will be posted in advance. It is highly recommended that you read through your Rules Pack in advance of not only the tournament, but previous to making your army list. "


Any idea when this will happen? With under two weeks to go, it's getting to the point where making the lists should be done.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:33 am
by xNickBaranx
Sorry Redbeard, that's leftover dialog from last year's posting. Since it was the first year, I wanted people to know what to expect. Look at last year's missions to get a better idea. Actually, didn't you participate last year? If so, then you already know.

The missions will be very similar overall.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:48 pm
by Redbeard
Nope, I wasn't in it last year, but I'll look at those ones instead. Thanks.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:26 pm
by cjputrich
Though is just add on to this vs. starting a new thread.....

1) do you have to model the strategem if it doesn't really require one? (I.e. Advanced reserves)

2) can units that have the deep strike special rule use it in zone mortalis? This is probably FAQ'd somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:12 pm
by Redbeard
I sent a question to the Adepticon rules question email, but didn't hear back yet. How do weapons that don't require line of sight (hive guard, grey knight purgators, smart missiles) work in Zone Mortalis?

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:16 pm
by xNickBaranx
cjputrich wrote:Though is just add on to this vs. starting a new thread.....

1) do you have to model the strategem if it doesn't really require one? (I.e. Advanced reserves)


Yes, the expectation is that you model some way of representing this. Coms? Scouts? A map table? Be creating. People are going to cheap out, but you don't be that person. ;)

cjputrich wrote:2) can units that have the deep strike special rule use it in zone mortalis? This is probably FAQ'd somewhere but I couldn't find it.


From the Zone Mortalis PDF:

Only units which are described
as being able to teleport or
materialise from the Warp may use
the Deep Strike special rules.
Any unit that Deep Strikes into a
bulkhead or wall section suffers a
Deep Strike mishap and subtracts
-1 to the result rolled on the Deep
Strike Mishap chart – this makes
deep striking into a Zone Mortalis
a dangerous proposition!

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:37 pm
by xNickBaranx
Redbeard wrote:I sent a question to the Adepticon rules question email, but didn't hear back yet. How do weapons that don't require line of sight (hive guard, grey knight purgators, smart missiles) work in Zone Mortalis?


Redbeard, I think we're going to have play it by ear and generate rulings on the fly. I know its not the ideal answer, but there are no precedents I can find on the internet and I don't have a full collection of books unfortunately.

Things like Smart Missiles should need a clear path - they can't fire through a bulkhead but if you can trace a maze like path around it I guess they should function as normal. Pretty obnoxious, but hopefully they pair off against Necron Wraiths that just phase right through the walls (something that happened last year and left the person on the receiving end severely bummed).

Those Purgators fire through the warp or some crap right? If that's the case then they should fire through space, time, and even those intervening bulkheads.

The hive guard ability I don't know, but we'll work it out. Once again, not the ideal answer but it is what it is.

The only weapons they mention like that are D Cannons and Mole Mortars, and they function normally.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:49 am
by yakface
No, purgatons are just able to see through the warp and are able to guide their bullets.

Last year we said those types of models (smart missile systems, hive Guard imp alerts, etc) could be used to fire out of LOS, but you still had to actually measure range around the corners by bending your tape measure...no going over the top of a wall, for example.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:52 am
by xNickBaranx
yakface wrote:No, purgatons are just able to see through the warp and are able to guide their bullets.

Last year we said those types of models (smart missile systems, hive Guard imp alerts, etc) could be used to fire out of LOS, but you still had to actually measure range around the corners by bending your tape measure...no going over the top of a wall, for example.


Good ruling. I didn't remember that but since we did establish the precedent then that's how we will play it.

There you go Redbeard. Thanks Yakface!

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 am
by xNickBaranx
Also, Redbeard... Is your name Alex? If so I did reply to you on 3/23. Maybe it went to your junk mail?

If that is you (and I am pretty sure it is) then yes, Personal Teleporters/Shunting is treated as moving through Dangerous Terrain like any other Jump Infantry.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:12 am
by Redbeard
That's me, and it must have gone to my spam folder. I am getting far too many mis-filtered messages lately. :( Thanks for responding here.

Re: Warzone missions/special rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:59 am
by xNickBaranx
Redbeard wrote:That's me, and it must have gone to my spam folder. I am getting far too many mis-filtered messages lately. :( Thanks for responding here.


Redbeard, its honestly probably because I still rock an archaic "hotmail" account. :(