Coming as an observer

AdeptiCon 2014 will be held April 3rd - 6th, 2014 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Coming as an observer

Postby zombie_spiderman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Hey all, sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm new to this, so it fits! Basically I'm a hobbyist and I'm thinking of coming to the event on a Saturday with a buddy of mine. If we want to play or do a hobby seminar, we have to pay, but if we just want to see what's for sale or observe a game, it's no charge? Can we observe any of the hobby seminars, or are they closed? I assume that we can't, but I figure it's worth an ask.
zombie_spiderman

Re: Coming as an observer

Postby muwhe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 pm

We encourage people that want to see what Adepticon is all about to stop by. You can take in the vendor hall, and observe all you like. We do ask that visitors be respectful of our paying attendees and if you are going to participate in any capacity that you get a badge/event ticket. In the case of Hobby Seminars, most of the revenue from the sale of seminar tickets goes directly to the instructor. Some of these instructors travel a great distance to teach and count on the seminar revenue to offset travel and other arrangements.

Thanks for the inquiry and hope to see you at the show.

-Hank
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Return to AdeptiCon 2014