Team Tourney Question

AdeptiCon 2014 will be held April 3rd - 6th, 2014 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Team Tourney Question

Postby PD6343 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:03 am

Hello,

Is there a way to get on a team the day of the tournament to fill in for drop outs? Or are teams ever looking for a single person? Just wondering if that happens pretty frequently the day of the tournament?

Thanks,

Philip
PD6343

Re: Team Tourney Question

Postby muwhe » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:04 pm

It is hard to say for sure, but it definitely has happened in the past.

A team mate gets sick, an emergency comes up at home, they partake of too much fun the night before, or delayed with travel arrangements etc..

Generally we have someone looking to fill a spot or we have need of people to fill in as ringers for a round.

-Hank
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby PD6343 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Is that something you can sign up for? Or is it a first come first serve basis?
PD6343

Postby muwhe » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:02 am

It is sort of an ad-hoc process and first come first served. You check in with the event staff morning of the event and they work to help pair things up.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby PD6343 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for the info!

One more quick question I didn't see in the FAQ. If I take Sevrin Loth do I use his chapter tactics? Sorry if I missed that.
PD6343

Postby Rhysk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:56 pm

The forge world space marine characters and chapter tactics are presented as additional rules for the Space Marine Codex. So yes, if you intended to use for instance the “Red Scorpions" as a team tournament list, you can use a character with those chapter tactics (Sevrin Loth for example). All models with chapter tactics in that players list will there by have the “Red Scorpions” chapter tactics and no FW character can be used with a different chapter tactic then they are listed with. A list does not need to have a named character to use the alternate chapter tactics presented. Finally, all models in the particular force should look the part as outlined in the forge world publications.

Regards,

Chris
Rhysk

Return to AdeptiCon 2014