AdeptiCon 2017 Display Board shipping favor

Forum for announcing, planning, and discussing upcoming Tournaments and Special Events.

AdeptiCon 2017 Display Board shipping favor

Postby Frenzy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Windy City, Windy City, this is Cold North Actual, how copy, over?

Greetings, fellow gamers! My name is Teemu and I'm a 40K fan and wargaming enthusiast from Finland. I was fortunate to visit AdeptiCon in 2014 and it left many sweet memories gaming, shopping and just enjoying the atmosphere in general. Will be attending this year again and cannot wait!

My plan is to fly over from Finland again this year, but I've got a little trouble with the arrangements. I'm hoping it's not too vulgar to ask for a favour here - I've got no personal contacts in US that would attend, and my hotel was not very helpful on the matter. I also mailed the AdeptiCon staff, but have not received an answer.

The thing is that I'd really like to bring my army display board along to the 40K Champs, but due to overseas airline baggage costs it's quite insanely expensive to carry with me - the extra luggage fees would pay for my AdeptiCon trip next year. However I was thinking it could be possible to send my display base to someone via mail. It would only be the fraction of the cost for me, if someone would be kind enough to receive the package and bring it with them to the AdeptiCon venue.

I know it's really a long shot, but I don't see too many options, so thought I'd give it a try. :) If anyone would think it's possible, I would take care of all the costs and as a personal shipment (marked under $200 of value) it should avoid customs too. I guess USPS would handle the stateside delivery.

If anyone could offer any tips on the matter, that would be appreciated too. I already thought about shipping the board to my hotel, but they required it to arrive during our stay because of lack of storage space - I don't think it would be possible to pinpoint the delivery precisely to those dates.

See you soon anyway!

Best regards

Teemu / Finland
contact@gowarhead.com
http://www.gowarhead.com
Frenzy

Re: AdeptiCon 2017 Display Board shipping favor

Postby Frenzy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:13 am

Help found!
Frenzy

Return to Tournaments & Special Events