Line Control???

AdeptiCon 2012 will be held April 19th - 22nd, 2012 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Line Control???

Postby preusser07 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

So with the announcement of a free battle foam bag, i have heard from several players already that they will be waiting in line hours before the doors open, some even saying overnight. In past years, i have been outside the locked doors maybe an hour or so before they opened them and there would be a few other people waiting there as well. And there was not a general line, more of a crowd patiently gathering outside the doors, with little to no pushing. But i foresee with the addition of only 500 free bags, people will want to be in the front of the crowd. Without anysort of line control, this could turn really ugly. Maybe even black friday super sale ugly. So i hope there is a plan here for the crowd control, and not just open doors and watch everyone stampede into the hall, pushing and knocking over the game tables.
preusser07

Re: Line Control???

Postby TheRagingRodian » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I don't see it being a problem if you have to be present to register and claim your bag. I'm having trouble thinking that 500 people are all going to show up in mob formation Thursday night. Where we will see problems is if you let people get to the registration desk and say "I am here to check myself in as well as check in my 5 buddies who aren't even here yet. I'll take 6 bags, please!". If it is for the first 500 people to check in it should be for the first 500 people to physically show up.

Unless there have been 500 people waiting for the doors to open in the past?
TheRagingRodian

Postby muwhe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 am

We certainly are aware that this promotion creates some additional logistical issues for registration. We are certainly reviewing all of our options to best handle it.

We all like free stuff! I would hope however that civility would still be the order of the day for our attendees and staff. While this is an outstanding promotion generously put on by Battlefoam in support of our ten year anniversary. It is not life or death. I do not believe the end times will start if someone does not get an AdeptiCon Anniversary Battlefoam bag. The next 1,000 people will get the patch, and Battlefoam will have this outstanding bag and the foam trays to fill it available in the vendor hall along with all their products.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Screaming Heretic » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm

will there be a seperate line for VIG's waiting to get into the room?
Screaming Heretic

Postby muwhe » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 pm

There will be a VIG line.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Return to AdeptiCon 2012