Team Tournament Forgeworld unit

AdeptiCon 2012 will be held April 19th - 22nd, 2012 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Team Tournament Forgeworld unit

Postby tear of the angel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm thinking about taking a Lucius pattern droppod for my Blood Angels, however army builder still has the old 50 pt transport one. The new rules for it in IA apocalypse second edittion doesen't list Blood Angels as one of the armies that may take it. So I was wondering if I used the old entry.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

I think you have to use the new entry. Otherwise someone could use the old entry for marine terminators and take 2 cyclone missile launchers in a 5-man squad.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby muwhe » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

ok, the book has not been out very long so the Army Builder file is not current yet.

For Forgeworld units we always use the most current version of the rules unless the unit is listed in a GW codex then the codex rules take priority.

The most recent IA book restricts the chapters that can field a Lucius pattern droppod, increases the points, and requires for 40K games that it take up a FA slot. Short answer no Lucius Pattern droppod for armies fielded from the Blood Angels codex.

Also keep in mind that this IA book, as with Grey Knights and the new Necron codex have the advantage of design with 6th edition in mind. So it's hard to fully evaluate changes.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby tear of the angel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 am

Well thanks guys, for clearing everything up.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Return to AdeptiCon 2012