Deluxe Hugs

AdeptiCon 2012 will be held April 19th - 22nd, 2012 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Deluxe Hugs

Postby Guen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:07 am

Soo, I was thinking of walking around Adepticon 2012 in my underbust corset with a sign that says

Deluxe Hugs $1
(All proceeds go to the Gain a Greater Knarloc Horde Foundation)

Oh, also I'm a girl and I really intend to do this. Gimme a high five if you see me at Adepticon!
Guen

Postby seahawk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:56 am

Haha...you might get overwhelmed by the financial support...erm...lonely guys wanting hugs...I mean...well good luck to ya ;)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Guen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 pm

I wouldn't mind getting overwhelmed :P
Guen

Postby seahawk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Then more powa to ya! 8)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: Deluxe Hugs

Postby nilus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:13 pm

If I were you I would put some specific ground rules in place

1) All huggers must have showered and brushed there teeth within the last 24 hours

2) All hands must be kept above the waste at all times

It might eat a little into your profit but it might help you maintain your sanity.

Also you use the money to buy Malifaux stuff :)
Dan
Malifaux Henchman
nilus

Postby Guen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:09 pm

I was thinking

I reserve the right to Axe (the body spray) anyone who I can smell from two or more feet away.
Guen

Postby nilus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Guen wrote:I was thinking

I reserve the right to Axe (the body spray) anyone who I can smell from two or more feet away.

The only problem is the only thing worse smelling then gamer funk is gamer funk covered up by Axe body spray. Its what I imagine the cast of the Jersey Shore smells like.
Dan
Malifaux Henchman
nilus

Postby Guen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:25 pm

nilus wrote:
Guen wrote:I was thinking

The only problem is the only thing worse smelling then gamer funk is gamer funk covered up by Axe body spray. Its what I imagine the cast of the Jersey Shore smells like.

Hahaha, yeah...
Guen

Postby seahawk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I've febrezed a funky friend before when we were at my parents for dinner. He didn't see it coming, but in the end didn't object to it.
seahawk

Postby MarcJWaters » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Why are hugs only limited to lonely men? I am happily married... but one hug from a corsetted cutie never hurt anything (especially if it is going to "charity")... right?
MarcJWaters

Postby seahawk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:22 am

I find it best to stick to the theory I've formulated:

"It's just like going to the art museum. It's perfectly acceptable to view and enjoy any art you want to see, but gawd help you if you touch it. Your ass will get saaaaccckked."
seahawk

Postby MarcJWaters » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am

seahawk wrote:I've febrezed a funky friend before when we were at my parents for dinner. He didn't see it coming, but in the end didn't object to it.

It is surprising the lack of hygiene at these shows. I am a bigger guy (6'4 and about 260)... so I tend to sweat when in crowded spaces, but I shower regularly. It is frustrating that you see these trogladites (don't care about spelling) that meander about the hall that smell of a cross of cat urine and stale cheetos that think that they are fine.

::sigh::

How hard *is* showering? I mean , hell, go in there with your clothes on and just stand there. At least some of the stench will rinse off.

Those people are the reason why I always just pay for a room for myself at the cons I go to. I will not have my living area contaminated with stench particles.

::climbs down off my soap box::

/no pun intended.
MarcJWaters

Return to AdeptiCon 2012