Adepticon TTand Champs filling up fast

AdeptiCon 2012 will be held April 19th - 22nd, 2012 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Postby Blackmoor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 am

They are just about at there limit with hotel space. Hotels have just about all of the same ballroom space available. The Hyatt where the Nova Open was held had 3 floors of event area, but that might just be a DC thing, or you might have to go to downtown Chicago.

If they want to expand, then the next step is something like a convention center.

I would imagine that it would cost them more money to move there because they do not have the hotels subsidy from selling hotel rooms. But Adepticon seems to have priced it's tickets too low and they can charge more for them.

RichN wrote:Are there any facilities which are as good or better than the Westin in Chicago? It would need free parking, drive up access, easy access to stores/restaurants, convenient access to airports (one area that could be improved) with 40,000+ sq ft of ball room space, all for the same price.

Right now they do not have convenient access to an airport, and all of those things are almost mutually exclusive. A few years ago Adepticon was in Rosemont IL which had convenient access to the airport, but did not have access to food/free parking.

Early on Adepticon had mostly participants from the local area, and that was their core tournament participant. Adepticon now has grown into the one national event for Games Workshop and I wonder how many now are from withing 300 miles, and now how many are from outside of it? It might be the reason why they are having so much trouble with the hotel rooms is because of the demand from people who are flying in.
Blackmoor

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 am

We are trying to talk the Westin into building an honorary 'AdeptiCon Wing', complete with 2 additional ballrooms, 3 seminar class room with overhead projectors and a spray booth.

They don't seem to be biting...
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby nilus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 am

Matthias wrote:We are trying to talk the Westin into building an honorary 'AdeptiCon Wing', complete with 2 additional ballrooms, 3 seminar class room with overhead projectors and a spray booth.

Don't forget a bar in every room!
Dan
Malifaux Henchman
nilus

Postby RichN » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 am

How about a tent on pontoons out over the lagoon?
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:07 pm

A tent structure set up on the top floor of the parking garage was suggested by the hotel....seriously.

Hank and I have been all over that place. Looking at space in the basement. Parlor rooms to move smaller events. Even looked at some of the open mall space outside of the hotel.

Love the Westin. Great hotel to work with, but space is an issue. We do what we can and have a pretty good grasp on what is and what isn't feasible.

What we need....is an AdeptiCon attendee to get married in the Harry Caray ballroom space the same weekend...

It is a hobby for the organizers too and it cuts really deep into work, normal life and family. Moving and growth are things that just might not be in the cards.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby nilus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Matthias wrote:What we need....is an AdeptiCon attendee to get married in the Harry Caray ballroom space the same weekend...

I'd do it but I don't think my wife is cool with the polygamy :)
Dan
Malifaux Henchman
nilus

Postby Blackmoor » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:08 am

Matthias wrote:A tent structure set up on the top floor of the parking garage was suggested by the hotel....seriously.

Only if you put the fantasy events in there, you know, out of tradition!
Blackmoor

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2012