Toledo player(s) looking for team + virgin questions

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Toledo player(s) looking for team + virgin questions

Postby SolidusPrime » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

Hey guys

Going to my first Adepticon this year, but unfortunately we found out about it too late and missed all the sign ups. I myself am a Chaos player looking for a team. People coming along with me also have Ork, Blood Angel, and Tyranid armies, and would like to find teams as well but aren't too hopeful.

Anyone who has been there in the past:
I assume there are pick-up games all over at least, right?

Any good after hours parties going on?

Do 40k vendors run any kind of specials?

Looks like I also missed my limited edition figure for pre-reg :oops: :evil: . I assume the only way to get one now is to sell my soul and/or body to one of the lucky 1000 that made it in early enough?
SolidusPrime

Postby SolidusPrime » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:56 am

Holy shit 55 views and nobody knows?

I figured this would be THE place for Adepticon answers. Hope the 'con itself is a little more lively than my thread :)

Don't really want to lug my army bag around all day if I won't even be able to get into a pick-up match, and if theres usually some good deals or sales I want to bring some extra cash to take advantage...otherwise theres really no point as I avoid most shipping charges.

And I really want one of those unique minis :)
SolidusPrime

Re: Toledo player(s) looking for team + virgin questions

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:26 am

SolidusPrime wrote:Anyone who has been there in the past:
I assume there are pick-up games all over at least, right?

There are opportunities for pick up games, but you will need to be active in looking, as many many players will be in the tournaments.

Any good after hours parties going on?

Dunno. With many tournaments starting at 8am, and ending at midnight, I've always been one to try an get some rest. I'm sure some younger people will be up drinking though.

Do 40k vendors run any kind of specials?

Some do. Many don't. GW themselves (the bunker) have had a booth there in the past, so I wouldn't expect too much 40k at under list price, but there will be some bargains to be had. Especially if you hit the swap-meet.

Looks like I also missed my limited edition figure for pre-reg :oops: :evil: . I assume the only way to get one now is to sell my soul and/or body to one of the lucky 1000 that made it in early enough?

It'll have to be your body, and unless someone needs an organ, I doubt you'll get many offers. Even Satan doesn't have the exclusive figure, so your soul isn't much of a bargaining chip here.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Return to AdeptiCon 2011