rules questions

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

rules questions

Postby allen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:01 am

All, I have two questions:
1. If multiple fearless units lose combat let's say by three, does each unit have to take three armor saves or can the three wounds be allocated between the two units?

2. For dawn of war deployment, for the two troops, does their dedicated transport count as being part of the unit or is it separated? So would I get to deploy squad one with their transport and another unit on foot or do I just get to deploy one squad as one troops choice and the transport as another troops choice?
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby Depayen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:31 am

Question 1- Both units take the saves.

Question 2- Troops are a unit unto themselves
Transport is a unit unto itself
transport +1 plus troop +1 = 2 units

First senrio is correct for Dawn of War
Last edited by Depayen on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby DragonBait » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:08 am

1. If each unit is fearless, then they each have to take 3 fearless saves.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby khornelord0129 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:34 pm

A dedicated transport does not take up a force org slot so it does not count as a unit. The squad purchased it so it is part of the unit.
khornelord0129

Postby seahawk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Incorrect. A dedicated transport is a unit, so it's a unit for deployment purposes. Very simple! Otherwise, one could argue an entire Imperial Guard platoon is a single unit for deployment purposes as it only takes up one FOC slot.

You'll find this rule in the missions section of the BRB, on the same pages as either the missions or deployments. (don't have it on me to give a pg #).
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:07 pm

khornelord0129 wrote:A dedicated transport does not take up a force org slot so it does not count as a unit. The squad purchased it so it is part of the unit.

No. Please read page 92. Under the heading of "Multiple Unit Choices."

It says that while a Dedicated Transport may not take up a separate FOC slot, it and the unit it was bought for are two independent units. Therefore when deploying in Dawn of War, they are 2 units.

For further proof, read the example under the deployment heading for Dawn of War on page 93. It mentions deploying an HQ, and a Troops choice in their Dedicated transport counts as the HQ and 2 troops choices.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby khornelord0129 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm

I stand corrected. Thanks
khornelord0129

Return to AdeptiCon 2011