Model Policy

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Model Policy

Postby TimSchmidt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Ok here is the question , I want to use a thunderbolt (forge world model) in the gladiator, the problem is I don't own one,

my options,

Using GW kits, I build a valkerie based thunderbolt, size the same, weapons the same, is this allowed?

or

do I need to purchase the actually model from Forgeworld?

Thanks
TimSchmidt

Postby muwhe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 am

Tim,
Here is the link to the model policy for 2011: http://www.adepticon.org/11rules/2011modelpolicy.pdf
Note : “That means all units MUST be easily identifiable as the particular choice they represent”
My primary concern is clarity. A Valkyrie armed like a Thunderbolt is still going to look very much like a Valkyrie unless significantly altered and could be mistaken for a Valkyrie by your opponent over the course of the day. Gladiator is going to be on the back end of a long weekend. Folks are going to be tired and I generally fall on limiting the possibility for confusion and misunderstandings.
My suggestion would be to either:
1. Find someone that owns a FW Thunderbolt and borrow it for the event. I’m sure Chris might know someone..
2. Find something that is similar in style/size and not a GW production kit for the basis of a conversion.
3. Purchase the FW model.
That would be my suggestion .
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Return to AdeptiCon 2011