Legends of the Old West rulebooks?

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Legends of the Old West rulebooks?

Postby Krak_kirby » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:34 am

I just signed up for the Legends of the Old West event. I don't have the game books, and I'm having trouble running them down. Is there a source outside of the U.K. for the main book and the supplements?

I'm planning on buying a selection of Foundry Miniatures for my cowboys and such, as I don't believe GW makes a western model range. Is there another option better or more fitting for the game?
Krak_kirby

Postby Oni » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:15 am

There were some cowboy miniatures for the deadlands and rail wars games, you might be able to find some on ebay.

I think perry miniatures might make some & I also found these by valent studios: http://www.jeffvalentstudios.com/store/ ... 09240cdde7
Oni

Postby RichN » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 am

http://www.legends-in-time.com/Main.jsp?link=home

Legends in Time carry a variety of old west figures. Foundry & Artizan are well sculpted & similar in scale. I have some of the Black Scorpion pirate figures - well done, but more 32mm than 28mm.

The Old West books used to be distributed in the US - you may be able to find old stock in a few places. If not, you'll need to order from the US.

http://www.legends-in-time.com/Main.jsp ... Old%20West
Legends as the Old West book listed also.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby muwhe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:11 am

Kevin,

Mike Owen was I think the primary sculptor for the Foundry Old West range and is also the owner of Artizan so those ranges match up well.

Mark Sims another ex-foundry sculptor .. and owner of Crusader has a few olds and ends for Old West models.

Black Scorpion makes some nice stufF and there is always Dixon and Knuckleduster.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Krak_kirby » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks guys for the advice!
Krak_kirby

Postby nilus » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:17 am

You can also take a look at some of the models for Wyrd games Malifaux line

They are heroic 32 mm scale and a lot of them also have a bit of a fantasy influence so most wont work. But there are at least a few straight up cowboys in there as well(Mostly Guild models)

http://wyrd-games.net/shop/
nilus

Postby Krak_kirby » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:39 pm

The first thing I need to do is get a copy of the rulebook so I can lay my nefarious plans for an outlaw gang.

Can someone with the game and supplements let me know if the supplements are necessary to make informed decisions? I am a pretty competitive gamer, so if there are additional rules or new factions in the supplements I'll probably pony up the dough. If they are mostly new scenarios or optional rules I can limp along with the main book.

Is there a forum for this game anyplace?
Krak_kirby

Postby EldarCorsair » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:11 am

Krak_kirby wrote:The first thing I need to do is get a copy of the rulebook so I can lay my nefarious plans for an outlaw gang.

Can someone with the game and supplements let me know if the supplements are necessary to make informed decisions? I am a pretty competitive gamer, so if there are additional rules or new factions in the supplements I'll probably pony up the dough. If they are mostly new scenarios or optional rules I can limp along with the main book.

Is there a forum for this game anyplace?

You'll definitely need the main rulebook (which really is worth the money BTW). That has outlaws in it (as well as 2 other gangs). The supplements are unnecessary, unless you plan on running US Cav/Infantry/Indians/TX Rangers (Frontier), Mexican army/peasants/TX volunteers (Alamo), or one of the gangs in Showdown.

A good forum to try is Lead Adventure's Old West forum, that's where I got all my info.
EldarCorsair

Postby Krak_kirby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 am

I've got the main book on the way, and a friend is rounding up a couple of the others! I'm going to enjoy painting up some cowboys, indians, mountain men and townsfolk. It'll be a nice break from guardsmen, marines and xenos!

Yee Hawww!
Krak_kirby

Return to AdeptiCon 2011