death company in the Team Tournament

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

death company in the Team Tournament

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Do death company have to form up into one super death company if both players have them or do they remain as seperate squads?

Brendan
brendan

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:04 pm

I believe when Chris and I looked at this old Team Tournament clarification, it no longer was required due to the way the Death Company is formed in the new codex.

I don't have my books with me right now - but let me take a look when I get home.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby n00bzilla99 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Since death company are a single FOC per player, why would that suddenly change for the composition unless when the two players are paired the coalition must follow a single FOC rather than be comprised of two separate ones that are combined.

It makes sense to me that since each player can take a death company squad, and then the two players are meshed together to form a single "coalition" that there forces do not become a single FOC but rather are 2 side by side FOC's that work together.

Wouldn't it be like taking a 0-1 choice from another codex. Where each person can take 1 of the 0-1 choice and still work together?
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Right. Brendan is referring to the Team Tournament clarifications of old under the Blood Angels PDF codex.

Death company are now handled differently, thus that clarification has been stricken from the Team Tournament rules.

While 2 Team Members play together in a single entity called a Coalition, it is still comprised of two individual 1000-point forces.

Therefore, each Team Member can field 1 unit of Death Company as normal. This does make it possible for a maximum of 60 Death Company Marines (3+27 optional upgrades for each Team Member) to be involved in one Coalition. Although 30 Death Company Marines with Jump Packs is already more than 1000 points...
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby n00bzilla99 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Matthias wrote:Although 30 Death Company Marines with Jump Packs is already more than 1000 points...

And a bad idea... non-scoring troops for the loss.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:23 pm

True. Didn't say it was a good idea....just possible!

There is generally a Command Counter that allows you to make an otherwise non-scoring unit a scoring one, but that usually only happens in one game.
Matthias
Techpriest

Return to AdeptiCon 2011