Malifaux Cake???

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Malifaux Cake???

Postby EldarCorsair » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 am

The description is totally confusing for this event:

Come on by Friday night to play a casual game of Malifaux and compete for the most delicious prize of all….CAKE. Form a team of 3 players and play one battle each against another team. The team with the most wins gets the losing team’s tasty cake. The winner will then present the loser with their cake as a consolation prize for losing.

Teams are required to bring a cake like baked good to the tournament. Games will be 35 Stone Scraps. Strategies and schemes to be determined using the standard method in the Rising Power rule book.

First, does the registration pay for all 3 players on a team or is each player required to register separately?

Also, it's an interesting concept but what's the reasoning behind charging players $10 for the tournament and then asking them to provide their own "prizes"? Are there other prizes in addition to the "cake"?
EldarCorsair

Postby RichN » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:35 am

The cake event was something fun added at the last moment. We're still working out some of the details. But as with any event, the ticket fees have more to do with paying for table space & other convention costs than any direct connection to the prizes awarded.

Checking with Matt to see if the ticket is per person or per team.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby EldarCorsair » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm

RichN wrote:The cake event was something fun added at the last moment. We're still working out some of the details. But as with any event, the ticket fees have more to do with paying for table space & other convention costs than any direct connection to the prizes awarded....

I didn't mean to imply that it was unreasonable to charge $10 and then ask to supply cake, just that it was an odd concept and whether there were add'l prizes awarded.
EldarCorsair

Postby RichN » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:22 am

Ticket price for Cake is updated to $5 per player. I recommend picking up your tickets now if your interested. The Sunday Malifaux event has already sold out its original allotment of tickets.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Matthias » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Refunds have been issued to everyone who purchased this ticket prior to the price change.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby nilus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Sorry for the confusing details. As Rich said this was a last minute add. Basically over at the Wyrd forums someone said we should setup an open play time event. Then someone else suggested we fight for cake. Then it went down hill from there.

Anyways since there was a lot of interest we decided to make it an official event so we could get some table space. I submitted the official rules to Rich just yesterday so they should be on the site soon.

Here is the Gist

1) Tickets are per person.
2) Show up either with a team of 3 people or just show up and form your team at the event
3) Each person should bring enough cake to feed 2 people. So teams of 3 should have 6 people worth of cake.
4) Each team will play one other team(Basically each person on a team will pair off with a person on the other team). I have set guidelines for the type of scrap to play but these are negotiable between the teams as well.

There will be three awards

- Master of Cakes: The team with the best tasting cake. To be determined by a vote(this is why you need to bring extra cake)

- We just came for the Cake: The team with the worst record. Ties will go to the team who lost the fastest

- We Came, We Saw, We ate some Cake: The team with the best record. Ties will go to the team who won games the fastest

I am running this event very fast and loose(I am actually going to play in it as well). The point is to have a good time, get some Malifaux games in and to eat Cake.

The other two Malifaux events will be much more formal tournaments.
nilus

Return to AdeptiCon 2011