Webcart 2

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Webcart 2

Postby sabote » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:56 am

Must be my limited computer skills but took me a while to work my way through the solution. It appears that you are only accepting Paypal for payment. At least I could not figure out any other solution because it did not give me a choice.

But since I am in Geneva Switzerland paypal was not allowing me to purchase a ticket even though I have a paypal account. An error kept coming up because of my country of origin.

I tried using a US mailing address for billing(which is on my paypal account) and that did not work. Finally figured out than I had to delete my Swiss address and use a US address as a primary.
sabote

Postby Matthias » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am

Hmm. I'll have to look into this was the error being returned by Paypal or our webcart?

We had a number of international registrations yesterday and I didnt hear about any other issues.

We use Paypal to process the transaction, but we have a business account which allows you to pay with a credit card through Paypal without a Paypal account.

Feel free to send us any info at info@adepticon.org.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby sabote » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Matthias wrote:Hmm. I'll have to look into this was the error being returned by Paypal or our webcart?

We had a number of international registrations yesterday and I didnt hear about any other issues.

We use Paypal to process the transaction, but we have a business account which allows you to pay with a credit card through Paypal without a Paypal account.

Feel free to send us any info at info@adepticon.org.

It was more with paypal accepting what I had listed as my registration for adepticon. Even after I changed my bill too address. I have quite a few addresses scattered around that is on paypal but I had to change my adepticon address primary to the US for it to accept. Guess its just me.
sabote

Postby Matthias » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Good for us to be aware of though.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 am

Figured this one out. It was an issue with the PayPal IPN module. It was set to override the defined shipping address in PayPal with whatever you entered in Zen Cart. PayPal would see that the addresses did not match and block the transaction in case of fraud.

Since we don't ship anything, this has since been disabled and everything is working fine.

Thanks for bring this to your attention so quickly.
Matthias
Techpriest

Return to AdeptiCon 2011