Primer missions

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Primer missions

Postby tear of the angel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:33 pm

I was wondering if you were going to release in primer missions for practice before hand or if you already had.
Thanks.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:52 pm

I can't speak for the other events but the 40k TT is being run by the same core group as last year. If you want to get in some practice games while building your lists you can download the previous years missions at: http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=680

This year's missions will be different obviously but written by the same people so there will be some consistency with the scenarios of 2009 and 2008. Definitely practice playing the team table quarters scenario. It tends to show up every year in the tournament.

No primer for the 2011 TT has been scheduled yet but there's been one for the past 2 years (usually in January) so it's a good bet that there will be one this year too.
Brian

Postby Matthias » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:25 pm

For sure. We are having our first planning meeting this coming Sunday and one of the topics is getting some primers scheduled. The draft rules are out much earlier this year becasue of the changes to some events (normally rules are not released until after the cart goes live - last year that was in November). Missions to follow soon.

There is one sample mission in the Championships draft in give you a feel for how the format might function.

Brian is correct, the Team Tournament missions will be similar, however they will be a bit less complex for 2011. Most likely this means we will be removing the additional Special Rules. Command Counters will also be used in a less complex/involved fashion for the most part.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:55 am

Thanks for reminding me of that. I almost made plans for that day to watch the bears game up at a place in schaumberg. I'll just watch it at the Ale House now :)
Lordgoober

Postby tear of the angel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks for all the feedback been playing with the draft mission and downloads. Cant wait for adepticon to get here this will be my 5th or 6th time and have had lots of fun everytime.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Return to AdeptiCon 2011