Malifaux recap, results and thanks

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Malifaux recap, results and thanks

Postby nilus » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Posted this over on the Wyrd forums

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19916

To sum it up. Everything was a blast and thank you Adepticon staff for all the help hosting the events. We will be back next year.
nilus

Postby shadowopal » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I'd like to add my thanks to those that showed up and played a demo or a tourney. Also, I say it every year....the Adepticon staff can't be beat! You guys all rock. Another awesome year behind you. My only question is where are we going to put all the new people next year? We're running out of space again. Think the Mall would rent out vacant store space for the weekend?
shadowopal

Postby allen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Adepticon either needs another hotel with more ballroom space or like what they did in Schamburg: put up a tent outside.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby RichN » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't think anyone wants to go back into the tent.

The Westin still has a bit of capacity left for Adepticon to tap. Over 3 days, I figure there were 50-80 tables which went unused. With a little more planning, that's several medium sized events which can be added on.

Back on topic: Malifaux really surprised me with a strong turn out for a 1st time game. Looking forward to what Dan and the crew can do with another year to prepare.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby shadowopal » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm

We're already planning. It will be awesome. Terrain will be totally ours. No having to borrow Rich's (not that it isn't fantastic. We'd just like to be self-supported) next year. And we've got a lot of fun ideas for next year. Be ready. Wyrd will need our own room ;).
shadowopal

Postby Matthias » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am

So tired I just typed Malifaux in as my username...

We were very excited to see a strong Malifaux presence this year. Looking forward to seeing what we can do in 2012.

Results for the 40 Soulstone Brawl and the 35 Soulstone Scrap have been posted on the AdeptiCon site under Past Coverage --> AdeptiCon 2011.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby shadowopal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Very cool. Thanks Matt.
shadowopal

Postby domus » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 am

RichN wrote:I don't think anyone wants to go back into the tent.
The tent was awesome! The lighting wasn't great, although it should be mentioned the Acon team did a hell of a job providing last minute lighting, but we made it work.

After being cramped in with the 40k guys for years it was nice for us square basers to be in our own space. May not have been the luxurious accommodations of the ballrooms but most of us were happy to be separated from the noise.
domus

Return to AdeptiCon 2011