Question Re: Space Wolves Force Org

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Question Re: Space Wolves Force Org

Postby sneakNINJA » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:21 am

Hi all, this may be an easy question, but I was wondering if the Space Wolves saga/wargear/psychic restrictions are looked at through the whole 4,000 point army (i.e. can't take Logan and Njal in the same 4,000 pts), or over each 1,000 point army (i.e. can I take Rune Priests with the same war-gear and psychic powers among different players ("armies"), or is it all considered one army for the purposes of the restriction)?
Last edited by sneakNINJA on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sneakNINJA

Re: Question Re: Space Wolves Force Org

Postby Brian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:41 pm

sneakNINJA wrote:Hi all, this may be an easy question, but I was wondering if the Space Wolves saga/wargear/psychic restrictions are looked at through the whole 4,000 point army (i.e. can't take Logan and Njal in the same 4,000 pts), or over each 1,000 point army.

Special characters are exempt from the saga restriction so the Njal/Logan thing would be legal.

As for how the rule applies to regular HQ units the TT staff will discuss it and update everyone soon.
Brian

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:45 pm

HAs this been updated yet?
My question is can you take a rune priest along with Njal in the 4000 pt list. There are restrictions in the codex about both in the same army.
it would be a single codex army so I imagine I can't.
Thanks
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby tcmd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:23 pm

First off you need to check the official GW FAQ regarding Njal. It specifically addresses the issue and YES you can take Njal in any army along with another rune priest.

Second, in the spirit of the following rule for the team tournament:

"Wargear and abilities that affect your Coalition's forces do NOT stack. (e.g. two Inquistors with Emperor's Tarots do not potentially add +2 to the die roll to go first)."

I'd say that rune priests in your partners' lists do not have to carry different combinations of either wargear or psychic powers, only when you have 2 rune priests in the same team member's roster.
tcmd

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks for the info.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Rhysk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Here is the response from the Team Tournament Staff:

1. Team Members must build a 1000-point force adhering to the TT Force Org and all restrictions within their given codex. So, for Space Wolves Team Members that means: No duplicate Sagas (unless one character is Special/Unique/Named), no duplicate wargear and no duplicate psychic powers within that 1000-point Team Member list.

2. These restriction are per Team Member, not the overall Team.

3. Special/Unique/Named Characters that are taken by any Team Member and somehow modify the Force Org affect ALL Team Members.

4. During Games: Wargear and abilities that affect your Coalition's forces do NOT stack.

Regards,

Team Tournament Staff
Rhysk

Postby brendan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Chris just so I'm perfectly clear.

Teammate one has a runepriest with jaws and lightning a staff and a bolt pistol.

Teammate two has a runepriest with jaws and caller and a bolter and a staff.

That would be legal. No exact same powers, no exact wargear.

Build two
Teammate one has a runepriest with jaws and lightning. bolt pistol and a staff.

Teammate two has a rupepriest with jaws and caller, bolt pistol and a staff.

This would be illegal as both priests share the same weapon options. (in this case a bp and a staff.)
brendan

Postby Rhysk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Brendan,

We are not going to enforce the restrictions outside the 1000 point list at all.

You could bring 4 identical lists assuming each one meets the restrictions in the SW codex individually.

Legal option #1

Teammate #1
Njal
Runepriest with Jaws, Caller, Bolt pistol, Staff

Teammate #2
Runepriest w Jaws, Lightning, Bolter and Staff

This option is fine because each individual list observes the restricitons in the Space Wolf codex.

1.) Special Characters are exempt so Teammate #1 is fine.
2.) Teammate #2 is fine because neither of his characters share psychic powers, sagas, or wargear. The fact that the two teammates have identical Runepriests is outside the scope of the team tournament restrictions.

Illegal Option #1

Teammate #1

Teammate #2
Njal

This option is not legal because Teammate #1 has two Runepriests that share Psychic Powers and wargear. If either of the Runepreists in Teammate #1's list were adjusted to fit the codex restrictions it would be fine.
Rhysk

Postby brendan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:17 pm

thanks for the clarification Chris.

Brendan
brendan

Return to AdeptiCon 2010