AdeptiCon 2010 40K Team Tournament Primer [Jan. 16th]

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Postby crashwell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 pm

It's a bit more of a close-run issue for the Team Primer, but I will be pushing Joe to allow the new Tyranid Codex here at Cap City for the Championships Primer.

The idea of the Primer is to allow players to playtest and for TOs to flex their mission and see what, if anything, needs fixed.

Not allowing the new book seems counter-intuitive to that task. While it's due for national release on the 16th, most stores have preview copies already (I literally just recieved mine from FedEX while typing this post).

That being said though, the new book will likely create a TON of hassle and stress for us (the TOs) with so little time to process it. We just need to make sure the player knows that any "iffy" rules calls could likely be reversed after the INAT is updated.

That's going to be my argument to Joe for the Champs, anyway. You boys know what you're doing. Please post one way or the other as soon as possible, if you could.
Be well,

Dave
crashwell

Opennings?

Postby TimSchmidt » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 am

If spots available I would like to sign up my team.
TimSchmidt

Postby GW_Marshall » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm

How will the GW Faq for Space Wolves affect the Inat SW Faq?
GW_Marshall

Postby Matthias » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:49 pm

The INAT will be adjusted accordingly as soon as possible. Discussions are well underway discussing this very issue. I doubt the revised INAT will be out in time for the Primer, so the GW FAQ will of course take precedence on any conflicting issues and should be the main document used to answer any questions that arise during the game.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby ciscogarza » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Please let me know whether the Old Codex is being used or if the newer one will be used. I do not have the the new codex pre-ordered, so I will hope there are some available the day of the tournament. I might also have to restructure my army list because I've heard rumors that Genestealers would no longer be considered Troops. Please let me know when the decision is made that way I can prepare accordingly. Thanks.
ciscogarza

Postby Brian » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:26 pm

New Tyranid Codex will be in effect.

If any major rules disputes come up the judges will do their best to make the right call for the primer but be aware that the INAT FAQ rulings will be used for the Adepticon TT.

The bunker (I assume) has a preview copy of the new codex that you can use to plan your list if you're planning on bringing bugs to the primer. Alternatively www.belloflostsouls.net is a good resource as they have reviewed most of the new units.
Brian

Postby Ed » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 pm

brendan wrote:Also I think this is the year that Team Handsome can take down ed, kareem and Marcus.

You're the one with the popped collar and rouge in the middle, aren't you? :)
Ed

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 am

Just wanted to give a heads up to the person running this that team 3 foot 2 will only have one pair there. The other pair had to cancel due to a passing in the family.

It was the pair with Gripandosorus and myself so everyone can now breath better, because now second place is actually achievable. 8)
YeezyMozart

Postby Ed » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:05 pm

B-Rad wrote:Just wanted to give a heads up to the person running this that team 3 foot 2 will only have one pair there. The other pair had to cancel due to a passing in the family.

It was the pair with Gripandosorus and myself so everyone can now breath better, because now second place is actually achievable. 8)

My condolences to you or Tony.

Ed
Ed

Postby Matthias » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Top!

Still room for a couple of teams!
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Team Tournament Primer Results

Postby Rhysk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Thank you to all the teams and volunteers who helped make the TT primer a success. Special thanks to the GW and the Battle Bunker staff for hosting and providing some prize support.

Here are the composite results for the Team Tournament Primer event.
    1.) 3 foot 2 115 points Team Tournament Primer Champions
    2.) Team Jaws 108 points 2nd Place
    3.) Pack N Heat 104 points
    4.) Team Paws 101 points
    5.) Team Dad and Son 83 points
    6.) Jack Booted Thugs 74 points
    7.) Team Handsome A 68 points
    8.) Team Handsome B 62 points
    9.) Team Taros II 60 points
    10.) Chaos Theory 54 points
    11.) Olmecs 41 points
Rhysk

Postby Chubs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Nice try this year Handsome, maybe next year. Truly though, those Thunder Calvary guys looks GREAT!

Olmecs, great first game, welcome to the team tournaments. Hope you guys can make it out for March. *I’ll try and bring my side of the army on before turn 5 next time.

Dad and Son – Brutal Second game. Our armies were designed to crush each others. Freaking shoot out.

Oh where were the robot ninjas? Come on boy scouts, now we are getting paired up in the actual team tournament. (Too early to start trash talking???)
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2010