WFB unit/options/etc

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

WFB unit/options/etc

Postby seahawk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 pm

So I want to bring a unit of Chaos Warriors with halberds, extra hand weapons, and shields. Can I build the models so that most of them have halberds, some have two weapons, and a couple just hw and shield? Or should they all be built the same? I wasn't sure what is considered WYSIWYG approved.
seahawk

Postby dark_elf_sorceress » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:35 pm

i'm pretty sure that if you are taking halberds, you will not be able to also take additional hand weapons (halberds are two handed weapons i believe.) so in this case, i would model all warriors with the weapon you choose and shields (remember, you could put them on their backs or even on the base if they get in the way of say two hand weapons). and just for the record, your shields will only give +1 to your save if you are being shot at or you are choosing to use single hand weapon and shield in combat - in case that might adjust your decisions. i would definitely take a look at the weapons and armour sections of your rulebook before building your unit.
dark_elf_sorceress

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Actually Tanya, Chaos Warriors are one of the units that can be really kitted out. Their equipment options state "choose at least one" of these and doesn't have a limit on them. In practice, I would go at most with Shield and Halberd myself so you can choose between the two for combat.
Lordgoober

Postby seahawk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 am

Basic armor/combat rules I know, as I've played fantasy for years :wink: .

New Chaos Warriors can indeed take many options, and I had points to burn with my list. So I either get extra attack, extra defense, or extra strength as per the situation. The effectiveness is not what I'm asking about (I likes me fluff), but the importance of any WYSIWYG issues a unit holding different weapons is. I'm just lookin' out for my opponent here when I say "I get 19 attacks!" and he wonders where it comes from. I suppose that's what the shared army list is for too though...
seahawk

Postby khornelord0129 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:56 am

Depending on how big the unit is i would have each weapon choice represented in 33% of the unit. So if you got a unit of 15 have have 5 of each and i would be cool with that.
khornelord0129

Postby shadowopal » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:23 pm

I would agree with Khornelord.
shadowopal

Postby dark_elf_sorceress » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Lordgoober wrote:Actually Tanya, Chaos Warriors are one of the units that can be really kitted out. Their equipment options state "choose at least one" of these and doesn't have a limit on them. In practice, I would go at most with Shield and Halberd myself so you can choose between the two for combat.

my mistake then, sorry
dark_elf_sorceress

Return to AdeptiCon 2010