Special/Unique/Upgrade Characters Clarification

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Special/Unique/Upgrade Characters Clarification

Postby themacdiesel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 am

A quick clarification on S/U/U Characters for "mixed-Codex" teams...

If one team member of a mixed-codex team were to take Witch Hunters, Sisters of Battle specifically, does the "only one S/U/U" restriction apply to upgrades like a non-unique Veteran Sister Superior?

Also -- and I'm sorry if I'm just a bit slow on this -- but is the restriction one S/U/U per team member, or one for the entire team? So, if one team member takes Belial, for example, must all team members must take non-named (eg, generic Chapter Master instead of Vulkan) HQ choices?

Again, sorry if this is a remedial topic, but want to make sure we understand mixed-codex restrictions fully before we start play testing.

Thanks!
themacdiesel

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:59 pm

The restriction only applies to named unique characters such as Belial, Boss Snikrot, Epidemius, etc. It doesn't apply to regular veteran sergeants, veteran sister superior, etc.

Mixed codex teams can only have one unique character so you can't, for example, have Abbadon and Marneus Calgar on the same team. You could have either/or but not both.
Brian

Postby jon.wolf » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Brian wrote:The restriction only applies to named unique characters such as Belial, Boss Snikrot, Epidemius, etc. It doesn't apply to regular veteran sergeants, veteran sister superior, etc.

Mixed codex teams can only have one unique character so you can't, for example, have Abbadon and Marneus Calgar on the same team. You could have either/or but not both.

But wouldn't Abbadon and Calgar make such a cute picture? Then have a Great Unclean One and a Hive Tyrant, and paint them all with T-shirts "Team Building Exercise 2010".
Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene
jon.wolf

Postby The Black Knight » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:28 am

Does this apply to unique upgrade characters as well? For example, could a team member have Njal and Lukas, since Lukas is an upgrade bloodclaw, or can you only take one, since they are both named/unique guys?
The Black Knight always triumphs.
The Black Knight

Postby Arander » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

If it's the same codex then you can have as many of them as you are normally allowed to take.

Mixed codex's though, nope you can't. The upgrade chracters are still considered unique, even though they replace a member of the squad. Thus i can't take Snikrot in my list of my teammate is already using Vulkan.
Arander

Return to AdeptiCon 2010