Question regarding allowed IA units

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Question regarding allowed IA units

Postby Whoopxi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:57 am

While going over the allowed Imperial Armor and Apoc units I noticed that for the space marine selections you did not include some of the common units such as land speeders, rhinos and whirlwinds etc. Now for most part this is not an issue as it is in their respective codex.

However, I play Dark Angels and would love to be able to use the newer style whirlwinds and/or TYPHOON speeders for the gladiator. Was this intended? or simply an oversight?
Whoopxi

Re: Question regarding allowed IA units

Postby yakface » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Whoopxi wrote:While going over the allowed Imperial Armor and Apoc units I noticed that for the space marine selections you did not include some of the common units such as land speeders, rhinos and whirlwinds etc. Now for most part this is not an issue as it is in their respective codex.

However, I play Dark Angels and would love to be able to use the newer style whirlwinds and/or TYPHOON speeders for the gladiator. Was this intended? or simply an oversight?

We have intentionally gone with the position that if a unit has an entry in a codex, then you MUST use that codex entry. There will be no using Imperial Armor entries in order to get around certain points costs or restrictions in your codex.

This has been done for the simple reason that it can already be confusing for players to keep track of how one unit functions differently based on what codex they come from, but allowing players to choose whether they take the SAME unit from their codex OR from Imperial Armor would add a whole additional layer of confusion that we don't want everyone to suffer through.

So unfortunately that means you are stuck with the units in your codex along with the units listed in our Imperial Armor list that Dark Angels (DA) are allowed to take.

Of course, please remember that you can always choose to play your army using the standard Marine codex if you really want...just make sure you make it perfectly clear to all your opponents before each game that you are.
yakface

Postby themacdiesel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 am

On the subject of Dark Angels, it is unclear whether, or not, the Land Raider Ares is an acceptable unit for the Team Tournament, as is it an individual Data Sheet, not a Formation. Can you please clarify?
themacdiesel

Return to AdeptiCon 2010