Combat patrol tournie question

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Postby Chubs » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:25 pm

artfcllyflvrd-
No, units that do not take up a force org slot do not count towards the minimum troop choice. Nor are they restricted by the force org for maximums.
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Postby Chubs » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Bikeninja -

As stated, you still have to take units to their minimum size. So yes, you have to take at least 3. In combat patrol however, you do not have to take units that are normally required in every army – example, Fire warriors are not required in Tau combat patrol army.
Chubs

Postby Krak_kirby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:48 am

Does the Combat Patrol have a force org? I asked earlier in the thread and did not get an answer. Can I take a unit of gretchin and 7 killa kans, all as separate units?
Krak_kirby

Postby Matthias » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 am

Not really a Force Org, but a series of restrictions and allowances:

• You must have one Troop choice.
• You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one
• Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. All other unit restrictions (i.e. 0-1) apply.
• You may spend remaining points from anywhere in the Codex.
• No model can have more than 2 Wounds (except models with Swarm universal special rule).
• Psykers may be used, but may NOT use any power requiring a psychic test.
• No model can have a 2+ save.
• No Special/Unique/Named Characters are allowed in the Combat Patrol event.
• No vehicles with a total Armour value greater than 33. This is calculated by adding the Front, Side and Rear armour numbers. (Only count the Side once).
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby GregSwanson » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:09 am

I would think you still have to follow the force org for exampl I could not take aunit of grey hunters and 10 lone wolves as the most you could have is three......
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby Krak_kirby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:00 pm

So I may have more than 3 fast attack, heavy, and/or elite choices, provided I follow the restrictions and allowances?
Krak_kirby

Postby Chubs » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:40 pm

"Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. All other unit restrictions (i.e. 0-1) apply. "
This restriction was intended for one force org. Combat Patrol uses one force org. Any other questions?

13 days to go… Who wants to know about an additional special prize for Friday night combat patrol only?
Chubs

Postby Krak_kirby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:29 pm

I appreciate the answer, but I get the impression you feel ("Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. All other unit restrictions (i.e. 0-1) apply. ") should have made it plain. It did not to me, as unit restrictions are different than force organization restrictions. When you place in parenthesis a limit that appears only in the specific entries for the individual units, not the army list page, that does not clarify the missions will be considered standard missions for force organization requirements.

Perhaps for future events you can add the "Combat Patrol uses one force org." in the rules for the event.

That said, I actually do have another question. What is the Friday night combat patrol event you mention? I am in the Friday morning event from 11 am to 3 pm. And I would like to know about the additional special prize for Friday night.
Krak_kirby

Postby Chubs » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:09 am

Krak_Kirby

Valid about the force org not fully disclosed, it still remains that combat patrol will be played under the standard single force org restriction.

As for the special prize... Friday night is when the prizes for the day are awarded.

More to come.
Chubs

Postby J. D. » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:08 pm

I've been running two lists for the combat patrol, one CC oriented and one shooty. Both have done well playing last year's scenarios, but I saw in an earlier post that CC is more heavily weighted than firepower. Aside from the 4x4 table and the night fight scenario, are there any other factors that would contribute to this (ie. lots of cover, etc.) or was this just a personal opinion? Any previous year's competitors comments welcome.
J. D.

Postby GregSwanson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Last year I won with fire power mostly.
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2010