Sunday RTT Prep - Palatine Deer Grove Club

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Sunday RTT Prep - Palatine Deer Grove Club

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 am

So this year at adepticon is a bit of a bummer for me, I have to miss the first two days, so no team tournament. I've really enjoyed the team tournament preparation. Planning, and hobbying and getting things together. That's when I thought I could do something similar for the regular Sunday tournament.

If you're in the Northwest suburbs and you've either never participated in a big tournament or would like to "tune up" your scores, let me know. I'm going to get a club together based out of the Games Workshop store in Palatine (Deer Grove). I figured we'll meet about twice a month.

My goal is to get more people into the competitive tournament atmosphere and get the most out of their experience and scores. We'll work on:

- List building
- Getting a ton of practice games in
- Schedule to keep on each other for painting
- painting tricks and tips.
- how to theme out the army
- display bases, creative army lists, etc.

I also plan on having a couple mini tournaments where we can test things out. As everyone knows, practice makes the tournament day run a lot smoother.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, let me know. I'll be putting up a sign up sheet in the store ASAP. The goal is to kick off our first meeting mid October.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Turtle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:50 pm

oh carlson you make me sad this sounds absolutely awesome, but its too far for me to go, move up to wisconsin and do it all with us :D
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm signing people up at the store, if it's something you'd want to participate in, call the store at 847-963-6362.

Hey I don't discriminate across the border! ;)

Yeah too bad we can't expand.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Excellent idea.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby blackbone » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:28 am

Is this the little tournament practice club you were talking about? Count me in. It's fun adding a little somethin-somethin to your existing armies and displays for each new tourney you go to.

- Blackbone
Greg D.
Adepticon TT: 2009 - Team Handsome, 2008 - WWFD, 2007 - Xenophilia, 2006 - Greater Goodbar, 2005 - Brutally Kunning, 2004
blackbone

Return to AdeptiCon 2010