How hard (competitive) are the Combat Patrol events?

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

How hard (competitive) are the Combat Patrol events?

Postby SmokWawelski » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Hello!

This is going to be my first ever Adepticon as far as solo competitions go, so I am not sure what to expect from the Combat Patrol games: are people taking those as seriously as the other big events, or is it suited more towards people starting new armies, starting with 40K in general or trying to have a “slow” day before Saturday’s TT? I am not hoping to win anything, but would be tempted to try to get some good feedback in the painting part of this event at least. So, how competitive Combat Patrol really is???

Thanks!
SmokWawelski

Postby RichN » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 pm

I think the answer is: we will have to wait and see.

Last year CP was a free event on Saturday with about 14 players. This year CP is a paid event on Friday with 40 players. I get the feeling that a lot of people who did not want to play Gladiator signed up for CP. If all the "Type A" players stayed with Gladiator, that should make for a laid back CP event.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Redbeard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Unless some of the type A players figured that it would be an easier route to fame and prizes than fighting through the gladiator.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby VirusSD1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I'm one of those people who will take the Combat patrol seriously however my main goal in any game is to enjoy it. Granted this is my first tournament in about 9 years so... I'm not your typical tournament player.
VirusSD1

Postby shadedragon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:39 am

Well, I cannot speak from the "player" point of view, but I can tell you, regardless of size I will try to keep this tourney as relaxed as possible. I realize some people would have signed up for this instead of the Gladiator due to the similar time slot, but CP is NOT Gladiator and I will treat it as such. Sportsmanship IS counted, painting IS counted and overall competition IS counted, so play accordingly. I am sure we will have a great turnaround (like last year, just more people), and i will try to make this little tourney fun for everyone!
Cal
There can be only one!
shadedragon

Postby SmokWawelski » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info everybody!
SmokWawelski

impossible!

Postby Spacecurves » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Redbeard wrote:Unless some of the type A players figured that it would be an easier route to fame and prizes than fighting through the gladiator.

Nah because they all know whatever they do they won't equal the glory of the man who won it the first it was ever held. Impossible, inconcievable, unimaginable! That epic triumph was so decisive, so crushing, that they might as well not hold the tournament this year :).
Spacecurves

Return to AdeptiCon 2009