Gladiator starting in the morning now?

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Gladiator starting in the morning now?

Postby Prince_of_Swords » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:44 pm

A couple of my friends have been flying in Friday morning the past couple of years. One of them just saw the schedule on the Gladiator rules page, and noted it now starts in the morning, which makes flying out from the East coast on Friday a bit of a challenge.

I presume this is correct, and is designed to allow longer games with less rushing?
"...for all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad."
Prince_of_Swords

Re: Gladiator starting in the morning now?

Postby Centurian99 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Prince_of_Swords wrote:A couple of my friends have been flying in Friday morning the past couple of years. One of them just saw the schedule on the Gladiator rules page, and noted it now starts in the morning, which makes flying out from the East coast on Friday a bit of a challenge.

I presume this is correct, and is designed to allow longer games with less rushing?

Correct. Upping the points value to 2250 meant we wanted to make sure that people had enough time to finish their games.
Centurian99

Postby muwhe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:00 pm

C99 is correct. Note we have a few events starting at 10 am this year.. on Friday. The Gladiator is not the only one.

Adepticon has been trending towards earlier Friday start times for a while now.

Some of us still remember the Gladiator starting at 5 PM and running till the early am hours ..

The earlier start time should make for a better schedule given the increase in points!
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Prince_of_Swords » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks for the quick response, guys. Makes sense to me. I just wish the event still had the Iron Man competition.
"...for all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad."
Prince_of_Swords

Postby muwhe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Your not alone...
:D
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Inquisitor_Malice » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Note to all players in the Gladiator - I recommend that everyone get there the night before and stay at the hotel. Please don't be the one holding up an 100+ person event due to traffic. Chicago traffic can be unpredictable and I personally don't want to have to take a call about someone caught in a jam.
- Greg
Inquisitor_Malice

Return to AdeptiCon 2009