Adepticon Newbie

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Adepticon Newbie

Postby Jormi_Boced » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on attending Adepticon for the first time this year. What are some things I should know?

I have ordered my badge already and am working on finishing a fantasy army for the championship tournament (I just sarted playing again since 5th, so I have some heavy changes to make). I also just started a display base.

What else do I have to do to get in the tournament and be prepared for my first Adepticon?

Thanks!

Also, I am interested in Blood Bowl, will their be opportunities to learn about it?

Thanks again!
Jormi_Boced

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:13 pm

It's a good idea to buy your event tickets online in advance if you haven't done so already. There's no guarantee that the tournament you want to play in will have any slots open if you try to buy a ticket in person at registration.

I'm pretty sure there's a Blood Bowl event scheduled (The Stupor Bowl.)
Brian

Postby blackbone » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:56 pm

I can't remember when your Fantasy event takes place, but I would suggest arriving on Friday to check out some open gaming, hanging out and meeting people or visiting the very closeby Chicago Battle Bunker to get a casual game, paint or buy Forgeworld stuff.

The venue is great because the Bunker is like 5 mins away and there is tons of cheap places to eat very closeby.

If you have extra time, you might sign up for a little hobby seminar or something.

- Blackbone
Adepticon TT: 2009 - Team Handsome, 2008 - WWFD, 2007 - Xenophilia, 2006 - Greater Goodbar, 2005 - Brutally Kunning, 2004
blackbone

Postby Jormi_Boced » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for the info.

I am planning on arriving on Friday, or maybe even Thursday night. I still need to find hotel. Is staying at the event the best way? I am thinking the price seems fairly good and it would be convenient to be right on site.

I will look on the site and figure out how to buy the event tickets. I didn't see that when I got my badge I guess.

Is the Super Bowl something they wouldn't mind a nosy spectator at?

Thanks!
Jormi_Boced

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Jormi_Boced wrote:Thanks for the info.

I am planning on arriving on Friday, or maybe even Thursday night. I still need to find hotel. Is staying at the event the best way? I am thinking the price seems fairly good and it would be convenient to be right on site.

I will look on the site and figure out how to buy the event tickets. I didn't see that when I got my badge I guess.

Is the Super Bowl something they wouldn't mind a nosy spectator at?

Thanks!

You definitely want to stay at the hotel where A-con is being held.

Book your room ASAP. Last I heard the block we set aside was filling up fast.

In case it fills, don't worry too much. There are other hotels close by.
Brian

Postby RichN » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 pm

http://www.adepticon.org/cart/index.php ... ucts_id=14

Just in case your having trouble. Look for the Add to Cart button.

There are 31 tickets left for the WFB championship.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Inquisitor_Malice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:15 pm

The original hotel block is filled. The hotel is adding more slots throughout this week and probably next. I highly recommend to anyone who is looking to stay at the hotel that you should make your reservation quickly.
- Greg
Inquisitor_Malice

Postby Jormi_Boced » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 am

I booked my room last night. I will work on the event ticket next. Thanks for the link.
Jormi_Boced

Postby Jormi_Boced » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm

I have my event ticket now too, but have a couple more questions.

I was looking into the team tourney. On the events page it says it goes from 8AM - 4PM, but on the rules page for it, it has a schedule that says it Check-in at 7AM and it ends at 9:30PM

Also, for the fantays tournament, it says you need an ambassador. Can I use any model I want for that basically? It is something from outside of my normal army right?

Thanks!
Jormi_Boced

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 pm

The Warhammer Fantasy Team Tournament is from 8:00AM - 4:00PM (although check-in will most likely start a bit earlier).

Thought we caught all those discrepancies - I'll fix that now.
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Jormi_Boced » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Matthias wrote:The Warhammer Fantasy Team Tournament is from 8:00AM - 4:00PM (although check-in will most likely start a bit earlier).

Thought we caught all those discrepancies - I'll fix that now.

Thanks, am I accurate in my thoughts on the Ambassador piece?
Jormi_Boced

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:54 pm

I know Marty has answered that questions a few times - but I am unsure what his official answer is. I'll check it out and get back to you (unless Marty sees this first!)
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Found one response in regards to this in a forward:

Code: Select all
The Ambassador is a foot model on a valid base size for the infantry of your army. (20mm)

The model will be used in scenarios to create objective points and battle points.

It will also be judged in the painting/modeling portion of your score.

Otherwise I think you are allowed to be as creative as you want in regards to the actual model.
Matthias
Techpriest

Return to AdeptiCon 2009