Gladiator Primer Missions Now Available

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Postby Whoopxi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 am

No Guts, No Glory...
Whoopxi

Postby stormboy97 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

how far can i throw the vortex grenade?????

also can we add a mission that penalizes forgeword and anyone with a armor save that is 3+

maybe something like power armour ran out of batteries and all save verse ork shooting are a 6+, that sounds fair
stormboy97

Postby Centurian99 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:21 pm

stormboy97 wrote:how far can i throw the vortex grenade?????

also can we add a mission that penalizes forgeword and anyone with a armor save that is 3+

maybe something like power armour ran out of batteries and all save verse ork shooting are a 6+, that sounds fair

The range of the vortex grenade will be clearly specified in the final rules.

I like your idea. We'll use that along with the mission that ignores tabling and simply awards victory to the side that kills the most models. ;)
Centurian99

Postby appleton_cop » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:17 pm

just got a chance to play the vortex mission last night. HOly shiat the vortex grenade. Since it didn't have a range we both tossed it in the first turn from about 30 plus inches away from the target.

That said one 3 inch scatter later buh buh to a Nurgle rhino and 8 nurgles and d3 structure points from my plague reaper, you guessed it buh buh plague reaper.

Overall the mission was cool, I had to throw the grenade back and killed off a couple wave serpants and ended up winning kill points, but what a hoot. I'm so fired up for the tourny I can't stand it.

Well written scenarios cant' wait for final versiion!!!
Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, Sometimes it Rains, Think about that for a while....

Nuke: Bull Durham
appleton_cop

Postby Blackmoor » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:10 am

There are always missions that favor some armies over others, but I hope that they are minimized.

For an example, there are missions that favor shooting armies. Anyone remember the “It’s heavy Doc” GW RTT mission where it was heavy gravity, and you moved very slowly in the early turns of the game? That was a shooting army’s paradise while the assault armies were bogged down.

The problem with “Reconnaissance in Force” is that it is wildly in favor of assault armies. Armies that move forward, and try to engage their opponent will do extremely well with this scenario. On the other hand Tau, Necrons, Imperial Guard, etc; they are going to have almost an automatic loss to any assault army. Ironically the strongest armies in 5th edition will love this mission even more because ork and lash armies will dominate this scenario.

If you can’t win a scenario because of the codex you are using, it might be a bad scenario.
Blackmoor

Postby Centurian99 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:35 am

As I've said before, Greg and I are operating under the motto: "We're not prejudiced. We just hate everyone equally."

We originally tried writing missions that wouldn't favor anyone, and ended up with some really bland ideas that neither of us wanted to explore. Then we switched to spreading the pain around as much as possible...and started getting some really fun ideas.

Every army build should find itself disadvantaged by one of the missions in its final form...the winner of the day is going to be the player that can overcome that handicap. By the way, I will say that none of the missions survived unchanged from their primer forms...so be prepared to improvise, adapt, and overcome...
Centurian99

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2009