40K Team Tournament Primer [Jan. 24th]

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:04 am

A primary is worth 15 points, and a secondary is worth 10 points. that means that a total of 35 points were available from kill points, roughly 1/3rd of the total points.

In the 5th ed rules, you get a kill point mission one-in-three games. That's also 1/3rd. Kill points are part of 5th edition.

Having the same proportion of battle points riding on kill points as playing missions-by-the-book seems appropriate to me. Which will be the case when there are four missions. Yes, some armies get hurt, or helped, by them more than others. Design your lists with them in mind.

At the GTs this year, two-in-five games used kill points. It's part of 5th ed.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby icenutz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 am

I am well aware that kill points are a part of 5th Ed. My only point was I felt that there didn’t need to be two secondary missions make one a tertiary. So it would come out to being 30 over all points, which is 1/3 of the points. Was tertiary 5 points? What ever you get my point. That five points matters because if you look in the past 3 years teams have one by even one point difference. I am not trying to propose that we should get rid of kill points. And I think you should build a list able to deal with that mission. However, I don’t think they make sense and I would hate to see them dominate the missions. Many games will force you to table your opponent to win kill points. Victory points made sense but I guess that’s gone now and there is no point crying over spilled milk.
icenutz

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2009