Adepticon 2009 Hobby Seminars

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Adepticon 2009 Hobby Seminars

Postby DavePauwels » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 pm

The schedule is still being fiddled with, but here is the tentative list of classes/seminars and instructors. I think this group has over 50 Golden Demons combined and most have experience teaching, either at previous Adepticons or GenCons or Games Days. Not to mention all the "Best Painted Army" and "Player's Choice Awards." Plus, this group's painting expertise covers 40K, Fantasy Battle, LotR and Ancients/Historicals.

We are really excited to present what, in my opinion, is the finest collection of hobby seminars I've ever seen at an Adepticon and I think 2009 will be the start of a continued trend in hobby excellence. So feel free to spread the word and, again, the official schedule should be available soon.

Dave

Painting to Competition Level Chris Borer
Green Stuff Joe Orteza
Freehand Techniques Terry Peterson
Advanced Basing Techniques Cathy and James Wappel
Advanced Glazing Techniques Cathy and James Wappel
Vehicles: Modelling and Weathering Nathan Comanse
Army Painting Jamie Welling
Hirst Arts Rich Nelson
Liber Metallica: True Metallics Dave Pauwels

In addition to the seminars, we plan on having a demo table running for most of the weekend where you can pick the brains of the hobby instructors about specific tecniques and methods.
DavePauwels

Postby knitemare » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

That is a really fine lineup. Almost makes me sad that I plan to have games scheduled all weekend. Maybe I'll have a break where I can get in on one of these.
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby Shawn-C-Carroll » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Any thought to running a seminar on running tournaments?
Shawn-C-Carroll

Postby Kishvier » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Awesome, I am so estatic to go! I want to hit everything up!
I've got nothing...
Kishvier

Postby RichN » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Shawn-C-Carroll wrote:Any thought to running a seminar on running tournaments?

Ironically, everyone qualified to each such a session would be busy running a tournament :D

Seriously, if you want to learn how to run a tournament - the best way is get yourself on one of the tournament staffs. Between Adepticon and primer events there would be plenty of opportunities to get "behind the scenes" of a tournament.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Return to AdeptiCon 2009