Adepticon Rules-Wishlist

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Adepticon Rules-Wishlist

Postby odinsspear45 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

I was wondering if Forgeworld rules would be in full efftect for the championship, team and gladiator games?

otherwise
Siege Regiment DKoK army a valid army or do we have to stick with IG Codex exclusively?

Last year i believe they were legal but i want to make certain before i spend a dollar a point ;)
A True Humanitarian Understands it is Sometimes Necessary to Cull the Herd.
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Postby muwhe » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:10 am

Last year any FW armylists were only valid for the Gladiator.

Not sure if that will change at all but first council meeting is tomorrow.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby odinsspear45 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:14 am

WHat about forge world units. like sabres, tarantula's, centaurs, medusa etc.. can you field individual units in the championships or team?

otherwise is it the lists or are all units that are out excepting the gladiator?
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Keep an eye on the forums. Some details about the TT should start to appear in mid/late October.
Brian

Postby muwhe » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:05 pm

In general, which is to say things might change, previous AdeptiCon's have always allow FW models and units in the TT and Championship.

Rulesets for this years events are in the works and should go live with the webcast in the coming months.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby odinsspear45 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Will there be a painting requirement in the gladiator this year?
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Postby LordSeverus » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:58 pm

One thing I can think of for the team tournament is this:
Since GW is switching from the old "Opponents Permission" for special characters, to always being able to use them, and having alot of them being unit upgrades with the newer codexes, I think you should get rid of the rule from last year where you could only include a special character if your entire team had access to them. Obviously only teammates that shared that race could benefit from any bonuses from said special character (unless specifically stated like Skarbrand) but it makes sense to do it this way with the direction GW is going.
LordSeverus

Postby malfred » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:28 pm

odinsspear45 wrote:Will there be a painting requirement in the gladiator this year?

The Gladiator is going to go hardcore.

Buy models on site.

Round 1: Models must be assembled to be played.
Round 2: Models must be primed to be played. (Just watch that hotel
contract disappear for 2010!)
Round 3: Models must have a minimum 3 colors to be played.

Awards will go to:

Player with the most models.
Player with the most conversions.
Player with the most colors across the entire army.
Player still in the tournament after Round 2.
malfred

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:58 pm

That's funny.
Lordgoober

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 am

LordSeverus wrote:One thing I can think of for the team tournament is this:
Since GW is switching from the old "Opponents Permission" for special characters, to always being able to use them, and having alot of them being unit upgrades with the newer codexes, I think you should get rid of the rule from last year where you could only include a special character if your entire team had access to them. Obviously only teammates that shared that race could benefit from any bonuses from said special character (unless specifically stated like Skarbrand) but it makes sense to do it this way with the direction GW is going.

It's hard to do this, in my opinion, without splitting hairs. From a theme standpoint I'd be OK with seeing a force containing, for example, Brother Captain Stern in one list and Lysander in another with the understanding that the GK player can't use the Lysander special rules and vice versa. Things get a little murkier when you mix something like Marneus Calgar in one list and Skarbrand in another on the same team.

You could make a case for the Ultramarines fighting with Chaos. Maybe they got corrupted somehow. It doesn't matter. You could never make a case for the legendary master of the Ultramarines fighting alongside an infamous greater daemon. Never.

However, for the sake of consistency it has to be all or nothing, imo. If Stern/Lysander is allowed then Calgar/Skarbrand would have to be allowed too. Doing it any other way would have all sorts of gray areas that aren't easy to sort out. It's just more fair to say that if you want to field Marneus Calgar you had better have an all-Ultramarine team.
Brian

Postby cycleboy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:19 pm

What are the point requirements for those Special Characters? 1000pts is enough? My army needs 1500pts for any of the special characters. This stops the odd combos, because if you have a SM/Chaos mix you only have 1000/1000 which isn't enough for a special. If you have SM/SM you have 2000, which is enough.
cycleboy

Postby odinsspear45 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Well for the team, with the amount of judged soft scores i would think a marni/Skarbrand team would be out of the running very quickly. and if not bump the soft scores a bit more.

I don't mind presubmitting team tournament lists either.. that way judges have time to review and let you know if your pushing any lines.

I think its silly you cant field special characters that can ally. stern and marni.. should be fieldable without overlap. If from same codex you get to overlap.. this would be fine.

But for IG WH DH and Marines in general not to be able to add some over priced fluff? seems counter intuitive for such a fluffy tournament.

Gladiator... that hardcore post caused me to throw up a little bit heheh...
i would have to decline adepticon over something that tragic. i am already flying over 1k miles from alaska just to attend.
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Postby muwhe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Will there be a painting requirement in the gladiator this year?

The requirement for the Gladiator is 3 colors. Anything less and you lose points per game.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:27 pm

cycleboy wrote:What are the point requirements for those Special Characters? 1000pts is enough? My army needs 1500pts for any of the special characters. This stops the odd combos, because if you have a SM/Chaos mix you only have 1000/1000 which isn't enough for a special. If you have SM/SM you have 2000, which is enough.

Under the 2008 TT rules one team member could take a special character as long as the character could be fielded in games of 2000 points or less AND as long as all members of the team were fielding lists with access to that character. If he was a force-org altering character then all team members could benefit (so Deathwing teams were possible without all 4 players fielding the master of the Deathwing.)

If the rule were added that armies may take a special character even if their teammates' lists don't have access to that character with the stipulation that point requirements must be obeyed my fear is that this would unfairly penalize the older codex books that don't have upgrade characters.
Brian

Postby odinsspear45 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

For Force Organization purposes, all Gargantuan Creatures and Super Heavy Vehicles take up 2 Heavy slots each, unless otherwise noted in their description. All Flyers take up 2 Fast Attack choices, unless otherwise noted in their description. Super Heavy Flyers take up both 2 Heavy Support slots and 2 Fast Attack slots.

This is a cut from the 08 Gladiator rules.

I would interpret this to imply, if a model/unit was listed as a heavy support choice in its forgeworld rules, then one could field it as a heavy support.

I would further believe that if i wanted to take a model that was for example a flyer without a specifically designated slot in its description or FAQ I would have to fall upon the 2 Fast Attack Slots.

DOes this mean models/units that are transport options such as a valkyrie which is normally a transport option for strom troopers grenadiers command squads or inquisitors etc could be purchased filling 2 FA slots without a "host unit"?

and are the gladiator rules for 09' going to be along the same lines?

addendum: and does a vehicle taken as a transport such as a valkyrie still take up FA slots or would it just count as a transport?
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Next

Return to AdeptiCon 2009