Adepticon Format Questions

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Adepticon Format Questions

Postby odinsspear45 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:10 pm

When signing up for the team tournament, or after you have signed up for the team tournament, can you include a list of alternates in case something happens to a team mate? or Will you be able to swap out team-mates incase one gets deployed(military) or some other event prevents them from attending?
A True Humanitarian Understands it is Sometimes Necessary to Cull the Herd.
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Postby RichN » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Are you referring to the 40K team? The 40K team event is sold as a single ticket for a 4 member team. The owner of the ticket can make adjustments right up to the day of the tournament. I think the other team events (WFB, LotR, WAB) are sold as single tickets to each team member.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Matthias » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 am

Rich is correct - that is how we have done in the past. For example - last year we had the American Airlines troubles which resulted in a number of people missing their flights and having to cancel outright. 360+ players in a single tournament and you are bound to have a few issues. We have always allowed teams to make adjustments up until check-in. You we be asked to provide the initial four names (if you know all four) when signing the team up, but this is not set in stone.

Other tournaments have traditionally been sold per person, although I am not 100% sure how we will handle that this year - it might change. Again if your LotR partner suddenly cannot make it - we will easily be able to work something out if you have found an alternate.
Last edited by Matthias on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby odinsspear45 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:50 pm

Awesome guys you have just made our lives a lot easier. Alaska will be present at the event ;)
-RJMP
odinsspear45

question on team format HQ

Postby TimSchmidt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:00 pm

after reading the FAQ, I get the feeling that you could take a Deamon for the back of the Choas army book as your single HQ. The question is: I'm I reading this correctly?
TimSchmidt

Postby Brian » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Tim if you're referring to a Summoned Greater Daemon from the Chaos Space Marine book then, yes, it counts as an HQ choice for the TT. Since each player can only take 1 HQ choice that unit would be your HQ if you choose to take it.

That's under the 2008 rules. The 2009 rules are not released yet but I have no reason to believe that particular rule will change.
Brian

Postby odinsspear45 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm

so are we looking at 1750 or 1850 for the 40k championships?
-RJMP
odinsspear45

Return to AdeptiCon 2009