AdeptiCon 2009 Dates and Location Announced!

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Postby Celthulhu » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 pm

You can almost see the hotel building from the parking lot of the Bunker. It's only a few scant blocks away, straight down Butterfield Road, with restaurants and malls surrounding it, if not in walking distance, certainly all within a 5 minute drive.
Celthulhu

Postby bluedevil27 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:51 pm

I would like to volunteer to help at Adepticon. Who do I contact?
bluedevil27

Postby RichN » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:25 am

Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

WOOOO HOOOOO

Postby turbo tj » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm

I CAN GO TO ADEPTICON THIS YEAR AND COMPETE!!

Lombard is so much closer to me and I can get there by bus from Oak Park, that is so WICKED!!
Thank you for making it so much closer to the city.

I hopefully will have my BFG and 40k Apocalypse armies ready by April.

Any chance we can add a DIGITAL GAMES competition to Adpeticon??? I know its for miniatures But with the success of DOW and Warhammer Online I was just curious if it would be possible to include them.
Just an idea I'm throwing out there. :)
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Postby muwhe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Turbo,

There has been an effort behind the scenes for that past few years to contact the "developers" of these games and see if they want a seat at the AdeptiCon table to demo an upcoming release, or just have a kiosk.

They have respectively decline our past offers.. focusing on their core market of computer gaming events like E3 etc..

That said ... We are always open to ideas and proposals. But with limited staff and resources we can not be all things to all people. If someone put together some sort of plan, and we could find the right folks to champion it .. I never rule out anything.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby turbo tj » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:57 pm

muwhe wrote:Turbo,

There has been an effort behind the scenes for that past few years to contact the "developers" of these games and see if they want a seat at the AdeptiCon table to demo an upcoming release, or just have a kiosk.

They have respectively decline our past offers.. focusing on their core market of computer gaming events like E3 etc..

That said ... We are always open to ideas and proposals. But with limited staff and resources we can not be all things to all people. If someone put together some sort of plan, and we could find the right folks to champion it .. I never rule out anything.

That's what I was curious about. Do we need to involve the developers? This could be just something that could be run by the gamers. Question is if we would have enough interest? How much behind the scenes chatter has there been about this?

So Anyone have any ideas, besides me??
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2009