Sorry Dark Angels....

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Sorry Dark Angels....

Postby Brian » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:37 pm

After reading the new Chaos Codex I'm painstakingly carving the Ravenwing icons off of the Dark Vengeance models.

They're going to be Chaos Bikes.

Chaos Bikes are bad asses from now on.
Brian

Re: Sorry Dark Angels....

Postby Son of Sanguinius » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Brian,
Not that I am trying to tell you what to do, I just wanted to plant a seed in your mind.......

Chaos Marines are not typically aligned with a forgeworld/the Mechanicus. This leads some of us to think that they replenish their weapons/wargear with the spoils of war. You have the ability right now to make a very interresting conversion. With some minimal conversions to the bike, and a Chaos Marine rider, you could have a centerpiece on your hands. How cool would it look to have some Chaos Marines riding on the trophies they took from killing members of the Ravenwing? You could even have the original riders strapped to the bike like the scene in The Road Warrior...

Just a thought.
Have a nice day.
Chris
Son of Sanguinius

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

I think ripping off the fairy wings would be something a Chaos Space Marine would do. Unless they were Tzeentchy, then they'd add lightning bolts to the wings or something.
It's not fuel efficient to keep the old rider on the bike however. It's more efficient to make Soylent Green out of them.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm going to keep some of the Ravenwing details on some of the bikes I bought on eBay. Between my bits box and the 3 DV bikes I built 7 Chaos bikers last Sunday!
Brian

Return to Painting & Modeling