2000 pts Tyranid Army

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

2000 pts Tyranid Army

Postby YeezyMozart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 pm

So I have been super busy at work and had some life changes recently but I managed to get in a hour or two every other night to work on my Tyranids.

I started Building them at the last AWC event on 09/15/2012.

So far I have been keeping track of all the time I spend working on the army and if I couldn't devote an hour to work I would stop working to keep my time line as accurate as possible.

Building took 7 hours.
Primed White and Painted to be be dipped 3 Hours
Dipped and Set to dry: 1 Hour
Matte Varnish and then minor detail painting 2 Hours
Build Bases: 2 Hours
Make Bases Nice and Glue Models to Bases: 2 Hours
Detail/ Paint Display Board - 1 Hour

Thats a total of 18 Hours spent and all 2000 Pts of the army have been built and ready to go!

I am super excited to bring these bugs to the next AWC I can make and hopefully show them off.

I should be at the one this Saturday as long as my Database Migrations at work go accordingly.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Re: 2000 pts Tyranid Army

Postby tg787 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am

I really liked how your army turned out. I think you are going to do very well with it.
tg787

Postby Crumpsky » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Do you have any pictures to show us? Im away at school and would love to see how the army looks.
Crumpsky

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 am

Nicely done again on that army. Crazy how fast you got it done. The pastel colors you did as accents (pink and blue) stood out really well to the dipped earth tones. Very impressed how it all came out. Great work!

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Return to Painting & Modeling