Angron Model

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Angron Model

Postby swampthing » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 pm

New Forgeworld Angron Model Debut. Whatcha think.

I like the sculpt, but the paintjob was less than impressive. Almost like they had to rush to get it ready for Gamesday.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/UK_G ... tml#angron
swampthing

Re: Angron Model

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 pm

That's a pretty damn fine piece of modeling I'd say. I love the axes, very similar to Angraath's, just smaller and mechanical. Will they make plain 40k/Apoc rules for the Horus Heresy models to be used in normal games?

I always wished they'd make Daemon Prince Primarch models, which would of course have to rival the Daemon Lords in prowess. All we have are the little Epic Primarchs, who make great Daemon Heralds by the way.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Brian » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 pm

The Horus Heresy Forge World books are supposed to be a series. In the last book - probably describing the aftermath of the Heresy I'd expect to see rules for all of the Daemon Primarchs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Emperor Himself gets a model and a set of rules in one of the last books.

After all, the final showdown in the Horus Heresy was Horus, The Emperor, and Sanguinius. You can't have a series called "The Horus Heresy" unless you have that battle represented and you can't represent that battle without the big Guy.
Brian

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 pm

I hope they make a Lionel Johnson. But was he even on Terra in the Heresy?

If they make a Magnus the Red they better not give him stupid poofy red hair. A giant version of the Epic model would be the best, maybe not so dwarvish looking though.

Sanguinius would be a super bad-ass.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Painting & Modeling