Vallejo Paints

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Vallejo Paints

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:49 am

Continuing my change over to a complete vallejo line of paints. I was wondering why for instance on warstore, they have inks and washes separated yet the same colors offered.

Anyone use the Sepial or brown inks? photos seem the same, but there has to be a difference?
BostonNazgul

Re: Vallejo Paints

Postby swampthing » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Yes I use both those. the sepia in has a green component to it. i use it for Ork skin. after basing with Goblin Green. I apply a waterdown wash of Sepia, then highlight with camo green. Easy Peazy.

The Vallejo brown ink is a little light for me i dont use is as much. but still good when the sepia is too dark for the job.
swampthing

Postby BostonNazgul » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 am

Tried out some of the vallejo paints including the aforementioned inks. got a test marine painted up. First time painting marines or camo. going for the urban swat look. Although maybe a real military person could explain the need for red camo besides it looking cool....

BostonNazgul

Postby acidbrn121 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I just bought a masterclass set made by a different company called reaper paint. They also ake really nice mini paintbrushes made from the finest solidnky horsehair. Realky pricey tho, altho i have a few of them and have used them with perfect results.
acidbrn121

Return to Painting & Modeling