tournamnet legal painting

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

tournamnet legal painting

Postby moonshadow13 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

I am int eh process of painting my new tau army. I know the guys are pretty leaniant sometimes for those of us starting new armies, but i need to know what is considered tournament legal besides having 3 diffent colors. Ther reason i asked is because i have very limited time as it is to paint. I have bought and painted a ton of resin bases with added foliage and i am current up to the base black and 1 main color. Then i started on some of the little colors like eye scopes and attenas, but thats it. I have been stuggling to get free time to paint more as given time i have gotten really good with color blending and highlighting. SO is that acceptable for a tournament legal army?
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Re: tournamnet legal painting

Postby Redbeard » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:19 am

A good rule of thumb is, if you have to ask, it's reasonable to assume that they're not.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 pm

there is a difference between GW legal and AWC legal thats why i am asking. I meet GW legal without a problem, but AWC is another thing all in itself. For instance does teh base count as part of the figurine? I finished all my bases and they look awsome, but teh figure part is just starting with base coats only in my many layered painting sceme that is all your fault especially. you got me so hooked on color blending and lighting effects that it takes me forever to paint a figurine till i am happy with it. :P
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby BrentS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Can you post a picture that is representative of the models painted so far? I would think that would help people answer your question.
BrentS

Return to Painting & Modeling