Necromunda Terrain

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Necromunda Terrain

Postby EldarCorsair » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:04 pm

A small sampling of some of my Necromunda terrain, I had actually assembled these two pieces last year but never got around to painting them. With 10+ tables to fill for this year's Adepticon however, I really needed to get on the ball. I laid down basecoats and some large-pattern weathering with an airbrush. Everything else though is simply drybrushing with a few details picked out on each piece.

Mine Head (this is my wife's favorite piece)

Refining Tower
EldarCorsair

Postby popg0estheworld » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Pretty innovative use of the old Necromunda bulkheads with the newer stuff (and the paint bottle cap). Nice work- I would like to see these on a board, in action.
popg0estheworld

Postby EldarCorsair » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Well, it's not as nice as I wanted it to be but for a few days work (total), I think it makes a fairly nice board. Mostly, I'm frustrated by the fact that the weathered wood tutorial I found online do NOT work the way the author pictured (which is why much of the wooden pieces appear white-washed, rather than weathered).

More pics on my blog

EldarCorsair

Postby EldarCorsair » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

popg0estheworld wrote:Pretty innovative use of the old Necromunda bulkheads with the newer stuff (and the paint bottle cap). Nice work- I would like to see these on a board, in action.

Thanks.

Drop by the Necromunda tournament on Sat. night at Adepticon. All my terrain will be in use.
EldarCorsair

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:46 am

Looking great. I love the shanty town look going on there.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Return to Painting & Modeling