They are coming to play.

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

They are coming to play.

Postby Elthniar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Lament.

Elthniar

Lament

Postby tmalave » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:23 am

That looks great!!!!! How long did it take you? Three weeks?
LOL!
tmalave

Re: Lament

Postby Elthniar » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

tmalave wrote:That looks great!!!!! How long did it take you? Three weeks?
LOL!

Yeah, about that ;p
Elthniar

Postby Elthniar » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 pm

More Lamenters.

[/img]
Elthniar

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:44 am

Looking really good!

I like the fact that the one had an "Alan" name badge. He'll be the first target :)
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby DeathCompany24 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 am

Those look really good. I dont want to come across rude, but I'm pretty sure the blood drop tear is on the wrong side of the heart. I just checked some info and it the pictures show it should be on the left of the heart. But other than that, they look great.
DeathCompany24

Postby Elthniar » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 am

DeathCompany24 wrote:Those look really good. I dont want to come across rude, but I'm pretty sure the blood drop tear is on the wrong side of the heart. I just checked some info and it the pictures show it should be on the left of the heart. But other than that, they look great.

Yeah I know I put the blood drop on the "wrong" side of the heart but I liked it better on that side and didn't think any one would notice. Good eye haha.
Elthniar

Postby DeathCompany24 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:40 pm

like i said, they look great. I am working on a lamenters army right now myself. I am sculpting the symbol for the shoulder pad. What did you end up doing for the yellow?
DeathCompany24

Postby Elthniar » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm

DeathCompany24 wrote:like i said, they look great. I am working on a lamenters army right now myself. I am sculpting the symbol for the shoulder pad. What did you end up doing for the yellow?

The primary color is a 70 Vomit Brown / 30 Bleached Bone mix actually. It is not technically "yellow" but it gives it a nice shade I think. I am by no means a great painter but I think they look good on the tabletop.
Elthniar

Postby DeathCompany24 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks for the tip. I am still throwing around ideas in my head for colors. I still have alot of building to do. I have bases coming from Back 2 Bases. Still working on the shoulder pads. And i am still converting my Vanguard out of sanguinary guard models, taking all the standard blood angel stuff off is tough.
DeathCompany24

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 am

Coming along friend you have 18 days left !
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Crumpsky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:36 am

It could just be my eyes or the pictures but the yellow looks a bit flat. Were these models were base coated with a spray gun? If that assumption is correct would it be safe to say that using a spray gun makes your base coats appear flat on the model?

I was contemplating using a spray gun to do some guys but I dont want to make my base coat appear flat.

Your guys look sick, I love the use of the Tau shield, it really look like an actual spartan shield. Keep up the good work, I cant wait to take some pics at the 'Con.
Crumpsky

Postby Elthniar » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Crumpsky wrote:It could just be my eyes or the pictures but the yellow looks a bit flat. Were these models were base coated with a spray gun? If that assumption is correct would it be safe to say that using a spray gun makes your base coats appear flat on the model?

I was contemplating using a spray gun to do some guys but I dont want to make my base coat appear flat.

Your guys look sick, I love the use of the Tau shield, it really look like an actual spartan shield. Keep up the good work, I cant wait to take some pics at the 'Con.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "flat" but I think its just my camera. I did use a spray gun to basecoat them but literally everything that was sprayed was painted over at least once, so I do not think that is the problem. It wasn't my intent for them to be a bright, shiny yellow. I prefer the duller look, but to each his own :)
Elthniar

Postby fattimus_maximus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:32 am

looking good Alan!
The Pen is Mightier then the Sword, but you must keep a sword handy for when the pen runs out of ink.

261st Siege Regiment (since I started keeping track) 0 W- 1 T- 1 L
fattimus_maximus

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks Matt But those are all Mitch, bro

I didn't even really paint any dudes for the team this year with the house fire and all. I got stuck on all the B**** work and I did one squad, some rhinos and the pods.

Mitch and Aaron both have an 1850 of these guys that are gonna be done for the big day they make up the vast majority of the 4000 pts team.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Next

Return to Painting & Modeling