Choose which Ork Clan I paint!

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Which Ork Clan Should I Paint?

Bad Moons
24%
Goffs
19%
Death Skulls
33%
Blood Axes
24%

Total votes : 21

Choose which Ork Clan I paint!

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:34 pm

I think I'm going to start finally working on my orks. I'm a big fan of about 4 of the clans, what are your thoughts?

Bad Moons: I've always had a love for yellow as much of a pain it is. The moon icon is pretty cool looking, plus they like to pimp out their stuff. Was the previous ork clan I ran.

Goffs: I don't see enough of them. The horns and back banners have always been cool. Plus the black/white checks and red icons are bold. They've always been my example of what orks should be. Not so hot on having to do a lot of white & black, but it looks nice.

Death Skulls: Blue facepaint is cool. Enough said.

Blood Axes: I've always liked the whole mimicing of the imperial guard. Makes for some cool conversions putting "modern" military dress on them like commissar caps, uniforms, etc.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Bad Moons Swampthing has a beautiful BM army. Great bases and great painting.

Death Skulls What can i say. My whole Ork army has painted blue skin.

Goffs I have seen a ton of red armor Orks over the years. Isn't that their clan?

Snake Bites I have only seen one snake bits army ever. And the guy that had that army sold them so I don't see them anymore. Plus the conversions that you can do would be awesome. So I vote for Snakebites.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby brendan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:38 pm

blood angels red.

Like blood angels.
Also you should make the models out of blood angels. Those would be the best looking ork boyz ever.

you should build razorbacks and paint them red and use them as trucks for your six man squads of boyz that you've made out of blood angels.

Also give them melta guns. That will look cool...
brendan

Postby n00bzilla99 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I voted Death Skulls for the blue camo :D
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Redbeard » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Mix it up, do units of different clans. That's what I do, and it makes it so much easier to tell the units apart on the tabletop, something that's very important when you have 180 boyz running around, all trying to be within forcefield range.

I think the only clan not currently represented in my army is snakebites.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:51 am

brendan wrote:blood angels red.

Like blood angels.
Also you should make the models out of blood angels. Those would be the best looking ork boyz ever.

you should build razorbacks and paint them red and use them as trucks for your six man squads of boyz that you've made out of blood angels.

Also give them melta guns. That will look cool...

Touche, Brendan.

Yeah I'm still working on the Blood Angels. Just can't decide what to run for our TT list.

This will be my gladiator force. An excuse to paint orks fast.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Let me know what you have for BA and I'll come up with a list for you.

I picked the Blood Axes. You should have tons of Guard bits to add to them and I think the conversion opportunity is huge for Blood Axes. Loota's can have all sorts of Guard weaponery. Killer Kans can be sentinels all gummed up. If you want to do conversions, Blood Axes are the way to go.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:55 pm

I just looked at the color scheme for Blood Axes and it's just camo Orks. I thought they would have red blood on the axes or something. I looked at the other color schemes and the Bod Moonz looks the coolest. The yellow and dark green contrast well.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby EldarCorsair » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:07 am

Redbeard wrote:Mix it up, do units of different clans. That's what I do, and it makes it so much easier to tell the units apart on the tabletop, something that's very important when you have 180 boyz running around, all trying to be within forcefield range.

I think the only clan not currently represented in my army is snakebites.

I do something similar, so I second this idea.
EldarCorsair

Return to Painting & Modeling