Little something I started...

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Little something I started...

Postby ChrisMIronHands » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:11 am

This small project blew up into a full blown invasion from the warp... This started as a model I had laying around and a bit I found in a bits box a friend had....

This little guy morphed into

Not shown are the 40 pink horrors I have on order.... god only knows when they will get here. Guess I'm proxying models tomorrow. Ohh yeah I built 30 bloodletters, 10 horrors, the BLoodthirster, and the Herald of Tzeentch tonight. God I need a different hobby....Must sleep.....
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES wrote:.....we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States.

Take that city of Chicago!
ChrisMIronHands

Postby ChrisMIronHands » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:04 am

That morphed into a new Bloodthirster that took me 4 days to complete a few hours at a time.

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES wrote:.....we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States.

ChrisMIronHands

Postby Thogrid » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 am

Very nice! 8)
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

Postby Turtle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:01 am

whats the thirster all made from?
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby ChrisMIronHands » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 am

He is a Heresy model that just took me an absurd amount of time to complete.

ChrisMIronHands

Postby muwhe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Tony,

Heresy has some nice stuff, when your down next I'll show you that model .. and the hounds .. both in my collection downstairs along with the Demonlord.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Turtle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:52 am

oooo neat!
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby ChrisMIronHands » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Last time I went down to the Bloomington area to see our friends at the Waaagh! cast, I brought my Beastmen army. As a display board I brought part of my Realm of Battle table. This time I'm bringing Daemons (go figure) and its been the plan all along to have a display board that fits the army. As you may have noticed I don't do anything half assed. I am building a three layer board based on Khornes realm in the warp. My plan is two sections of land separated by a river, with a raised dais for the general to look out over his troops... If I pull it off, i think it will really set my army apart. Here is what I have so far.

ChrisMIronHands

Postby ChrisMIronHands » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:50 am

Little help here... I like the finish on both of these miniatures. The Left one looks like he took a bath in blood and is still wet. the second looks like he is a tough leathery substance that can take some abuse... I like both. THe one on the right shows more detail and shows what I actually did to the model... while the one on the right is.. well its shiny....

Which do you prefer?

ChrisMIronHands

Postby EldarCorsair » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:53 am

Hard to say, they both look good, but for different reasons.

Maybe do a different kind for other units? Easy way to differentiate them on the table...
EldarCorsair

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm a fan of doing different elements in different gloss coats. For instance, maybe gloss coat the horns, tongue and weapon?

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Return to Painting & Modeling